Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Just Installed The New BBK Cold Air Intake...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 09:54 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bfeels
To be honest i cant notice a huge difference with sound. I mean i can hear the CAI sucking, but if u didnt know i put it in, you'd have no idea what it was. Is that how yours is alkemist?
I actually noticed a difference with mine, but possibly because it's a GT. Mine went from a cat's purr to more of a roar.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:05 PM
bfeels
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
I actually noticed a difference with mine, but possibly because it's a GT. Mine went from a cat's purr to more of a roar.
You may not know this because you have a GT, but do the tunes really make the difference that everyone says they do on V6's? I'm willing to spend the money, just not sure if its a top of the list buy right now
Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 PM
sexyredfire05
1st Gear Member

i installed a bbk intake on my v6 a couple days ago, it made my engine sound pretty damn loud. after flooring it for a couple hours my check engine light came on as well LOL. so i took it off.. now the intake is sitting in my closet all alone..
Old 01-13-2010, 05:31 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

You may not know this because you have a GT, but do the tunes really make the difference that everyone says they do on V6's? I'm willing to spend the money, just not sure if its a top of the list buy right now
All I can say is from what information I have read and recommendations from others, IT does a difference. My tuner just shipped yesterday, so I have yet to experience it myself. Apparently when it comes off the line from Ford, they restrict our ponies a lot and keep it from it's full potential. Hopefully some of the others will pop back in and give you their testimonials or more feedback. I have a huge feeling that I'm going to love my tunes.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:34 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sexyredfire05
i installed a bbk intake on my v6 a couple days ago, it made my engine sound pretty damn loud. after flooring it for a couple hours my check engine light came on as well LOL. so i took it off.. now the intake is sitting in my closet all alone..
Yeah, people seem to have hit or miss with the BBK. Either the light comes on almost right away or they can go for sometime and then it pops on. Getting a tune would be your best bet if you want to keep that CAI. Like I mentioned before, I suspect the BBK to run close to lean and may eventually be a silent killer if you don't get it resolved.
Old 01-13-2010, 08:21 AM
bfeels
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by alkemist
All I can say is from what information I have read and recommendations from others, IT does a difference. My tuner just shipped yesterday, so I have yet to experience it myself. Apparently when it comes off the line from Ford, they restrict our ponies a lot and keep it from it's full potential. Hopefully some of the others will pop back in and give you their testimonials or more feedback. I have a huge feeling that I'm going to love my tunes.
Well please let me know how yours turns out even though its a GT. It will help me make a more solid decision
Old 01-13-2010, 10:09 AM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Well please let me know how yours turns out even though its a GT. It will help me make a more solid decision
Sure!! I have to wait till they finish piecing my pony back together though.. LOL.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:43 PM
V8s_Are_Great

Well, according to the dealer, I have an exhaust leak. Either the PO replaced the cats and botched it or the dealer is lying. I'm going to verify that a little later this week but, as far as I know, that's where my light is coming from.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:59 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by V8s_Are_Great
Well, according to the dealer, I have an exhaust leak. Either the PO replaced the cats and botched it or the dealer is lying. I'm going to verify that a little later this week but, as far as I know, that's where my light is coming from.
Did they tell you what the code was?
Also make sure your CAI is on tight too. I had mine leak and after I remounted, I could feel the improvement. What happened was I got the code for lean fuel mixture. I forced turned it off, remounted the CAI and the light never came back either. Originally I felt more bogged down than the stock box and would rattle every once in a while when I idled.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 PM
sexyredfire05
1st Gear Member

i gave up on my bbk intake i dont want to spend the money for a tuner lol. id put it up for sale but apparently i cant on this site because i dont have enough posts, looks like i gotta keep posting !

Quick Reply: Just Installed The New BBK Cold Air Intake...