Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Could use some help plz...!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:11 PM
V6BumbleBee

Default Could use some help plz...!

Hellow im new to the forum and have some questions......I have a 05 v6 and i put a bbk intake on it, and im running a CEL and it says running to lean. Now i have the diablo predator but there is no tune for the bbk intake....I loaded the airaid tune and my CEL came back on running the same codes....Now has anyone ever had this happen to them? Should i put my factory box back on? My husband says i prolly need a custom tune done on the dyno with the diablo....Any help would be greatful...!

Codes: P1000
P0171
P0174
Old 03-30-2010, 06:22 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

you will need a new tune, 99.99% of the bbk's intakes will throw a code. mine did. just get bama or brenspeed to tune it.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:27 PM
V6BumbleBee

Originally Posted by legendlime05
you will need a new tune, 99.99% of the bbk's intakes will throw a code. mine did. just get bama or brenspeed to tune it.
How can i get a tune with my diablo....My husband has a 08 charger r/t and he has one and OMG...He got a custom tune on the dyno and man that thing is fast....Can i use my diablo to get a good custom tune like he did?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Someone else is looking or predator email tunes also, see link below.

Where did you get the predator? I assume where you got it, the vendor doesn't have email tunes???

What I would do is call american muscle now that they have bama tunes and as if you can get a bama predator email tune, the website says SCT, but it never hurts to call. That would be my first stop, try and get bama.

Also, was the airaid the only cai option you had? what about c&l, you could try another cai option if you have one, but it would be only temporary. If the cel stops coming on with trying another one, you may fix the lean condition, but you could be causing it to run rich.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/4-0l...ail-tunes.html
Old 03-30-2010, 09:20 PM
V6BumbleBee

Well i justtried to upload the K&N tune and it made my car run very diffrent...Its idling high and back to low, it sounds like its gonna conk out...I put the factory tune back on and unplugged the negative battery terminal and im gonna plugg it back up in the morning....I dont know what else to do? Also does anyone know what P1000 means, All it says on the diablo is OBD testing not complete??????
Old 03-30-2010, 09:26 PM
VistaBlue09
1st Gear Member

In addtion to getting a good tune...

The first thing I would do is take out the MAF sensor. You already had it off when you installed the CAI. Then get a can of CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner and give it a good cleaning. Let it dry a bit and put it back on.

I did this with my BBK CAI after 6 months when the CEL came on (and disconnected the battery to reset the stock tune). CEL was gone (never returned) and the car definitely ran better.

Note: Yes, I will be getting a Tillman or AM/Bama tune when funds are available.

If the current tune still has a problem, you could try resetting to the stock tune and see how that works. All of this is really simple and quick. No matter what, the MAF could probably use a good cleaning on an '05.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:03 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I have an Airaid CAI, which does NOT require a tune and will not throw any codes. I have the SCT tuner w/ 3 custom tunes from Brenspeed.

Does the BBK require a tune?

Suggestion: Contact Brenspeed and Americal Muscle/Bamachips and see if they are able to email you a tune for the BBK intake and other mods on your car. I am not sure if they provide tunes for the Diablo predator tuner, however it's worth asking. =-)

Good luck to you!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:37 PM
V6BumbleBee

Well...My husband to the rescue...Concated a CMR tuner down in flordia that supports the diablo predator and i sent him a factory tune and the last tune in my car(which was the airaid tune) and he messed with it and now i loaded it into my car and no codes.....car runs good and strong for what minor things i have.....Also thanx to u guys as well...!
Old 03-31-2010, 08:08 PM
laterider
2nd Gear Member

Glad to see you are back in action, let us know after a while how you like the CMR tune, don't think I have heard of them, but I'm pretty new to this stuff. what octane tune are you running???

Just for reference for all here, yes I believe that American Muscle supports bama tunes for the predators as well as SCT tunes. When you order a tune, you get an email with a link to this page:

http://sct.americanmuscle.com/

Shows both SCT and Predator, funny thing is the P/Ns for the tuners must be american muscle's own P/Ns, cause they don't seem to match with what I thought the part numbers were!!!
Old 04-01-2010, 07:52 AM
V6BumbleBee

Originally Posted by laterider
Glad to see you are back in action, let us know after a while how you like the CMR tune, don't think I have heard of them, but I'm pretty new to this stuff. what octane tune are you running???

Just for reference for all here, yes I believe that American Muscle supports bama tunes for the predators as well as SCT tunes. When you order a tune, you get an email with a link to this page:

http://sct.americanmuscle.com/

Shows both SCT and Predator, funny thing is the P/Ns for the tuners must be american muscle's own P/Ns, cause they don't seem to match with what I thought the part numbers were!!!
Yea there is a shop down in jacksonville that does nothing but mustangs but other cars as well(and supports the SCT/Diablo).....HP Performance.........He took his charger there and got a custom tune for all his modifications on the dyno.....Thats what il be doing late this year sometime......!

Quick Reply: Could use some help plz...!