Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

NTO true dual exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 09:03 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Default NTO true dual exhaust

I just installed the NTO true dual exhaust kit yesterday! Looks great and sounds better than stock! First I would like to mention to all considering this set up, it is well worth the price! I paid $391 which included shipping! Mine is a 2010 so your GT take offs may look different, based on the year! Local club had an install day on the 4th of July which was a God send!!!!! Originally I was going to do the install myself in the driveway on jackstands, as the kit comes with everything you need including a template to cut the rear bumper/valance whatever the case may be. That said if you plan to do this yourself make sure you have a thread tapper for the hangers! If not you are screwed! No matter if its a newtakeoff set up or any other manufacturer you will definitely need one!!!! With my install also required was to open the connection of the mufflers in order to get the pipe in enough to tighten it so its a good fit. On the passenger side the midpipe had to be cut 3/4 of an inch so the pipe wasn't touching the fuel line!! The template to cut the rear valance is perfect with EXCEPTION to it needs to be 1/2 inch to the right!!!! That said and YES I am saying that I f*#cked up the cut! But it was what they sent me! I can't complain really, because it looks great regardless if its not perfect.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

I have been looking at NTO's website I am probably gonna purchase the sway bar set from them. Maybe in the future the dual exhaust as well. You should probably contact them and tell them that the template was off so they can correct it so it doesn't get sent to anyone else like that.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:23 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Anyone?
Old 07-05-2010, 09:27 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by obxdude018
I have been looking at NTO's website I am probably gonna purchase the sway bar set from them. Maybe in the future the dual exhaust as well. You should probably contact them and tell them that the template was off so they can correct it so it doesn't get sent to anyone else like that.
I will definitely tell them, even though I'm pleased overall! But it is something serious that needs to be fixed!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:44 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

All sixers will enjoy this set up! As long as you have the right stuff!
Old 07-05-2010, 10:16 PM
Twstones
2nd Gear Member

I put this kit on my '09 a couple of weeks ago. Everything was "spot on". My bumper cut out template was perfect. Maybe there's difference between the '09 and '10 bumpers. Do they use the same template for both? That may be the problem. I was also worried about the gas line, but after making several fine tuning adjustments, everything had about an 1" of more clearance. I'm really happy with the results. Total fitment was better than I had anticipated. Do a search, as I wrote up a pretty through description of my install experience.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:10 AM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Twstones
I put this kit on my '09 a couple of weeks ago. Everything was "spot on". My bumper cut out template was perfect. Maybe there's difference between the '09 and '10 bumpers. Do they use the same template for both? That may be the problem. I was also worried about the gas line, but after making several fine tuning adjustments, everything had about an 1" of more clearance. I'm really happy with the results. Total fitment was better than I had anticipated. Do a search, as I wrote up a pretty through description of my install experience.
First off the 2009 and 2010 exteriors are 100% different, the template was the same that came in the box as the one I printed off the computer. Your stock exhaust is 2.25 inches where my stock is 2.5 inches which makes a difference of pipes sliding in nicely and having to force feed the pipe!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:50 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

Come on s197 sixers
Old 07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
kc5mhb
2nd Gear Member

Mine is on the way. On the list of things to do, the exhaust was to be put on before I changed the front bumper and grill but I damaged the bumper so exhaust had to wait. The only thing that concerns me is the initial cut on the original pipe. Other than that, I feel comfortable cutting out the bumper and mounting the rest of the hardware. What tool did y'all use to cut the pipe; chain style muffler pipe cutter or reciprocating saw?
Old 07-08-2010, 08:42 AM
j-bo

I'm thinking about the kit. I don't like "this week only specials". How much more is the kit regularly as I need to wait 2 more weeks for the funds.

I'd use a recip saw to cut the pipe with.

Quick Reply: NTO true dual exhaust