Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Finally Bought F/I!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Also...I'm only getting the 8# pulley to start with. Is that ok, or should I just got with the 10# pulley?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:21 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Topless Stang
While I would love to jump on yet another mod I have a drop top and the bars are different between that and a coupe. My mod list is quite large...the ones listed are just the ones I planned on getting around the time I installed the S/C. I have plans to build out the suspension...but I want to do the rear end, drive shaft & exhaust before anything else. Are you guys saying sways are super important?
Super important? Not necessarily but it's a great mod for the $$

O/T where in PA?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

In Macungie...outside of Allentown. U?

Are the GT Take offs good enough, or should I go after market?
Old 11-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

I'm in Fort Washington about 15/20 mins outside of Phila.

I'd say the GT takeoffs will be fine, unless you track the car. I picked up my GT takeoffs with poly sways, used for $45 so it was an easy decision for me. Some good deals pop up on the classifieds

Last edited by Alec; 11-01-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Sounds like you got a steal. That's not too far from me. I'm trying to make friends to help with my installs next year! BTW Nice color on that 'stang! lol
Old 11-01-2010, 03:27 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Sounds like you got a steal. That's not too far from me. I'm trying to make friends to help with my installs next year! BTW Nice color on that 'stang! lol
Oh yeah definitely, I had to jump on it.

One of my good friends is from up in Allentown, green & black '98 GT with full bolt-ons and spray. He ran/runs a car club up there, Hazardous Motorsports. But if you ever need help with anything, feel free to PM me. I/we might be able to help. I'd love to check it out especially once you've gotten the Procharger in. I'm trying to decide what I want to do with mine, in terms of power (turbo/blower/v8 swap etc). I should have an 8.8 with gears in this weekend and then I'm going to look into some options

And I wasn't sure of the color at first, but now that I've modded and cleaned it up a little, I'm really liking it. Tough to keep clean but when it is, it looks sweet. Plus I don't see a lot of the Performance Whites so it kinda stands out
Old 11-01-2010, 05:13 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Also...I'm only getting the 8# pulley to start with. Is that ok, or should I just got with the 10# pulley?
You'll be fine with 10 I'm starting with 12.... It's all in the tune my friend.
Old 11-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Topless Stang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Alec
Oh yeah definitely, I had to jump on it.

One of my good friends is from up in Allentown, green & black '98 GT with full bolt-ons and spray. He ran/runs a car club up there, Hazardous Motorsports. But if you ever need help with anything, feel free to PM me. I/we might be able to help. I'd love to check it out especially once you've gotten the Procharger in. I'm trying to decide what I want to do with mine, in terms of power (turbo/blower/v8 swap etc). I should have an 8.8 with gears in this weekend and then I'm going to look into some options

And I wasn't sure of the color at first, but now that I've modded and cleaned it up a little, I'm really liking it. Tough to keep clean but when it is, it looks sweet. Plus I don't see a lot of the Performance Whites so it kinda stands out
Sounds like a plan. I appreciate all the help I can get since the only work I've ever put into a car starts and stops with the little bit of stuff I've done to my stang thus far. That 8.8" is my next move I think...with a set of 3.73s. I think most go about it the way you are, but for me I know I would have spent the cash on other **** and I would still be lusting after F/I. Turbo is a bit too rich for my blood, counting install and supportive mods. Deciding between Vortech, X-Charger & ProCharger wasn't easy, but I made my mind up a while back. Not to mention that ProCharger is currently offering a $250 rebate. That takes my price down to under $3860 shipped for a new complete stage II kit. Plus I can sell the tuner it comes with since I already have an SCT SF3. Good luck deciding on what you want. Unless you're a dyno queen any of the available options would make most people happy, but at that price PLUS only $50 for an added 3yr warranty I couldn't refuse.

Are you kidding? That Perf White paint job adds 2 more RWHP! lol...I love the color. I mean you don't see white ones that much, so it stands out a little more, plus I think it looks the best with a black roof. The only thing I don't like is the fact that waxing and detailing it doesn't make the paint 'pop'. I bought like $700 worth of detailing supplies and after I started with the first product I got discouraged and quit. maybe next year!

BTW...where do you get your tunes from? I keep hearing about Tillman being the best place up around this area. I got a JLT CAI in the mail today to hold me over until I get that ProCharger on & I was initially going to just use the canned SCT tunes....but I might get a tune or two to see what all the fuss is about lol

Originally Posted by 2005Redfire6
You'll be fine with 10 I'm starting with 12.... It's all in the tune my friend.
12psi??? What kinda mods do you have? I'm leaning towards 10PSI....but I don't want to kill my engine. I don't plan on doing anything besides headers for at least another year or so...

So how about it folks? 8 or 10 PSI? The order is being sent to ProCharger after the eCheck from Paypal clears this coming Wednesday.

Last edited by Topless Stang; 11-01-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Alec
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a plan. I appreciate all the help I can get since the only work I've ever put into a car starts and stops with the little bit of stuff I've done to my stang thus far. That 8.8" is my next move I think...with a set of 3.73s. I think most go about it the way you are, but for me I know I would have spent the cash on other **** and I would still be lusting after F/I. Turbo is a bit too rich for my blood, counting install and supportive mods. Deciding between Vortech, X-Charger & ProCharger wasn't easy, but I made my mind up a while back. Not to mention that ProCharger is currently offering a $250 rebate. That takes my price down to under $3860 shipped for a new complete stage II kit. Plus I can sell the tuner it comes with since I already have an SCT SF3. Good luck deciding on what you want. Unless you're a dyno queen any of the available options would make most people happy, but at that price PLUS only $50 for an added 3yr warranty I couldn't refuse.

Are you kidding? That Perf White paint job adds 2 more RWHP! lol...I love the color. I mean you don't see white ones that much, so it stands out a little more, plus I think it looks the best with a black roof. The only thing I don't like is the fact that waxing and detailing it doesn't make the paint 'pop'. I bought like $700 worth of detailing supplies and after I started with the first product I got discouraged and quit. maybe next year!

BTW...where do you get your tunes from? I keep hearing about Tillman being the best place up around this area. I got a JLT CAI in the mail today to hold me over until I get that ProCharger on & I was initially going to just use the canned SCT tunes....but I might get a tune or two to see what all the fuss is about lol
I'm supposed to be getting an 8.8 with 3.73's too, this weekend. Pretty excited since that will open up a lot of possibilities for more power. I wanted a turbo for the potential in it, but would have a hard time justifying $5000+ for one. I like the X-charger for the look but you really can't beat that price on the Procharger. I'd love to do a V8 swap, but the mechanical and electrical aspects are holding me back. Decisions decisions

And I wish we could get the shine/reflection that black and darker cars have, but oh well, I'm not complaining. When it's clean it shines pretty well

I had American Muscle/Bamachips write my 93 tune. I got it as a combo with the JLT intake and I had to fill out a list of details on my car. They also offer free tunes for life which is nice, if you ever change/add anything. I'm very happy with it but when you start getting into F/I and lots of mods dyno tune is the way to go. There's quite a few good shops around the area. Performance Evolution (Aston, PA) , Swarr Auto (Collegeville, PA), Tillman (Aston, PA), and Evolution Performance in DE. I've heard great things about Tillman. I had the canned SCT 93 tune and a custom one from AM and it's a lot better. Better shift points, quicker etc

Last edited by Alec; 11-01-2010 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:17 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

12psi??? What kinda mods do you have? I'm leaning towards 10PSI....but I don't want to kill my engine. I don't plan on doing anything besides headers for at least another year or so...

So how about it folks? 8 or 10 PSI? The order is being sent to ProCharger after the eCheck from Paypal clears this coming Wednesday.
like 2005Redfire6 said...its all in the tune , i've been running 13#s for 6 months and 12000 miles , runs like a champ .most of the time your in bypass mode

Quick Reply: Finally Bought F/I!!!