Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

2008 Mustang " No Start"

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 04:07 PM
NancyT

Default 2008 Mustang " No Start"

My 2008 Mustang, standard shift, will not start. Makes a awful noise, until I quit trying to start it. Noticed seat belt light came on for a second & that was it. A few weeks ago I left it setting in the garage without starting it for a week. After that I notced a weird noise when I would cold start it but it would stop & finally start. I drove it yesterday & it was fine. I tried to start it this morning & all it would do was make that awful noise. Could this be the battery? Or possibly something worse? Please help.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

Probably the battery.
Turn the stereo off before you turn the car off.
The Shaker will drain the battery.
I turn everything off Heat-AC-stereo before I turn the car off.
Can't let these cars sit for to long without running them.
Get her jumped and have the battery checked.
Good luck.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

"Awful noise" isn't very helpful. Did it crank? Did it crank and try to kick over? If it kicked over did it just die? If it didn't crank, was it a lot of very fast clicking?

Awful noise could mean you had rap blaring from the Shaker.
Old 11-08-2010, 08:26 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
"Awful noise" isn't very helpful. Did it crank? Did it crank and try to kick over? If it kicked over did it just die? If it didn't crank, was it a lot of very fast clicking?

Awful noise could mean you had rap blaring from the Shaker.
Lmao just leave it up to you to throw that in there.

I'm banking on a dead/bad battery.
Old 11-09-2010, 03:03 PM
NancyT

It was a dead battery. Battery could be charged, but bought a new battery just in case.
Still making a similar noise every now & then. Sounds like it might be coming from my air conditioning when it is turned on. (Fast LOUD clicking noise, NOT RAP!!!) Lasts for a couple of seconds after start up. It did this before a few weeks ago before the battery died, except I was not running the air conditioner. Am wondering if there is a ground at the air conditioner.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:08 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NancyT
It was a dead battery. Battery could be charged, but bought a new battery just in case.
Still making a similar noise every now & then. Sounds like it might be coming from my air conditioning when it is turned on. (Fast LOUD clicking noise, NOT RAP!!!) Lasts for a couple of seconds after start up. It did this before a few weeks ago before the battery died, except I was not running the air conditioner. Am wondering if there is a ground at the air conditioner.
How loud is it? I know the AC/Heat/defroster makes a clicking noise when you first turn your car on......
Old 11-09-2010, 08:01 PM
Whitehorse10
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NancyT
Are you using a CAI?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:12 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
How loud is it? I know the AC/Heat/defroster makes a clicking noise when you first turn your car on......

The compressor cycling on and off it does it whenever it's on.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:25 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Hey guys, I have a small problem just like this. I have a radar detector plugged into the 12 volt above my audio (NOT the one in the armrest) and even after turning my car off, and exiting, it stays on. In my old car it would turn off immediately, so it doesn't have a battery or anything. Its worrying me cause I thought eventually it will drain my battery as well? Thanks for your time everyone.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:21 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Hey guys, I have a small problem just like this. I have a radar detector plugged into the 12 volt above my audio (NOT the one in the armrest) and even after turning my car off, and exiting, it stays on. In my old car it would turn off immediately, so it doesn't have a battery or anything. Its worrying me cause I thought eventually it will drain my battery as well? Thanks for your time everyone.
The 12 volts stay on on these cars... I have a radar detector that turns off 30 minutes after the car shuts off but before I had a different that I would never turn off and I had no problems with it draining my battery... I'm pretty sure it is a low draw.

Quick Reply: 2008 Mustang " No Start"