Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Lowering

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 12:51 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

Default Lowering

Hey everyone its been a while, but im getting the bug again. Im looking into lowering springs for my 07. Once i get the money saved up and once AM gives out a good coupon code im going to buy this set of wheels/tires.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/machin...elli-stag.html

Now what springs do you guys think would be the best bet for me with the 19s on?

Also on a side note, should i buy the TPMS sensors with the wheels or can i take them off my current stock wheels?
Old 08-27-2012, 02:39 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I am very pleased with the Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs.
Front wheel drop: 1.3"
Rear wheel drop: 1.5"
Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 PM
So_Cali
5th Gear Member

Can't go wrong with the Eibach Pro-Kit
Old 08-27-2012, 04:38 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by iAerials
Hey everyone its been a while, but im getting the bug again. Im looking into lowering springs for my 07. Once i get the money saved up and once AM gives out a good coupon code im going to buy this set of wheels/tires.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/machin...elli-stag.html

Now what springs do you guys think would be the best bet for me with the 19s on?

Also on a side note, should i buy the TPMS sensors with the wheels or can i take them off my current stock wheels?
iAerials,

Great choice the GT500 style wheels are sick! Shoot me a PM and I'll hook you up with our 6% discount code for all active posting forums members! Also keep your eyes peeled for our Labor day sale and all the new sale items for September!

As far as lowering springs go you can't really go wrong. If you want to go 19's then I wouldn't recommend going to low. So I'd go with one of the Ford racing kits, H&R Race , or Eibach Pro-Kit. Those will all give you between 1in' and 1.5' depending on the kit. If you want to go really low you could go with the H&R Super sports or Eibach Sport lines.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions!

- Dan
Old 08-27-2012, 04:59 PM
iAerials
1st Gear Member

thanks guys.

im between these 2

http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-sup...ings-2005.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...gs-0510gt.html

http://www.americanmuscle.com/eibach...ings-2005.html

the first 2 have big drops like 1.7 front 1.9 back for the HR and 1.6f 2.0r for the Eibach sportline. then the third is Eibach pro thats 1.3f and 1.4r.

anyone think i can pull off a big drop with the 19s. i dont want it to look dumb like some of those lowered civics i see. yuck
Old 08-28-2012, 07:18 AM
astentine
2nd Gear Member

I agree with everyone else so far. Eibach Pro-Kit is the way to go. It dropped mine perfectly for the 17" GT take offs to fill it out nicely. For 19", It may be either just perfect for that drop, or juuuuust slightly too low for them. I'd stick with Dan and stay away from going too low.

The Pro-kit is perfect for what you're looking for, I think
Old 08-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

It depends on what youre looking for. The Pro-Kit lowers and levels the car. The Ford K springs give the same drop, but leaves the rear slightly higher. I like the little bit of rake so I went with the Ks. The Pro-kit looks great too.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 PM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Here's a better pic to show you the drop with my Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs. I have 20" Cobra R Wheels and the wheels sit perfectly in the wheel wells. =-)

Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Here's a better pic to show you the drop with my Eibach Pro-kit lowering springs. I have 20" Cobra R Wheels and the wheels sit perfectly in the wheel wells. =-)

Damn! I love the stance.
Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Check out the classifieds. BleedinBlue has a set of new v6 Eibachs posted

Quick Reply: Lowering