Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

T5 cluster

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 10:52 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07rousche 4.0
Great information, finally I got some good info I messages them already getting some price quotes. Don't need the throwout since I just installed the exedy but I need all the gearing and bearings. Great information man and thanks for posting.

I am not mean to my fellow members, just don't like when they post something trying to sound smart when I didn't even ask about it. Plus the whole Zing thing pissed me off. If I post something I expect real answers or someone trying to help. Not someone telling me to do something different or something like that. Support my decision or don't post. Thanks though to those who have helped
Since you think this might be the solution for you let me caution you about the gear whine - it is significant. For street driving it will completely change the personality of the car. The whine will be loud in every gear, even 5th which surprised the hell out of me. After researching sound deadining I found MLV is the product of choice. I ended up using 27 sq/ft covering the trans tunnel and floors going up the in the foot area in front and up to the rear seat in back. From inside the cabin you have to really listen to hear any whine in 4th or 5th. In it 1 - 3 still screams like a big *** roots style blower from the 60's. The added weight of the MLV offset one of my pluses of staying with the T5 but it was a must even though I no longer daily drive the car.
Sorry I didn't respond sooner but the flip side of not getting good answer is people posting and never following up on the thread or aren't serious about solutions. If you want free advise you can't get to pissed. Its when you pay for it and it sucks that pisses me off:-)
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 PM
Bitter
2nd Gear Member

All I was saying is that rebuilding a T5, based on your driving habits, is a bandaid at best. That doesn't make me stupid as your earlier reply suggests. For what it's worth, I'm glad you were able to accomplish it. I set your comment aside and even PM'd you with a contact that knows far more about the T5 than I ever will. People are here to offer advise out of interest rather than obligation, even if that advise is not what you want to hear.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:45 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

About the guy with the 2013 drivetrain is covered under your warranty and they can't prove it is due to your shifting and even if it was if you don't have anything aftermarket there such as clutch and so on they have to fix it under warranty with no charge, go to another dealership cause it's a ford warranty not theirs.

The gear whine will not be an issue for me whatsoever cause I can't even heard my stereo over my exhaust. I will be looking into the t5 upgrade since it will be a better overall solution.

Thanks for the pm and km trying to be bitter and I understand maybe I was a bit harsh
Old 04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Bitter
2nd Gear Member

It's all good. Glad you got it working but sorry to hear about reverse. Pushing it out of parking spaces will wear on you. Any plans to take another look at that?
Old 04-05-2014, 02:10 PM
07rousche 4.0

Yes, It is leaking trans fluid out the tail housing at the bottom bolt which is almost stripped already son I have to pull it out a bit again to redo the gasket and according to a buddy there is a lockout that is controlled by one of the plugs on the trans that i may not have fully seated or doesn't function anymore
Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

If I were to buy a 26 spline clutch for this kit can I just get that alone and it work on my v6? or do I need other stuff? and just get the one for the GT
Old 04-24-2014, 10:08 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pedalhappy
If I were to buy a 26 spline clutch for this kit can I just get that alone and it work on my v6? or do I need other stuff? and just get the one for the GT
Since GT and v6 clutches are different diameters they are not interchangeable. Its possible the aftermarket clutch will different enough from the stock clutch that you will need an adjustable throw out bearing to get the correct clearance from the fingers and enough overall travel to release the clutch. I went with an adjustable TB since I wanted to be sure it would be right the first time but it isn't a cheap option.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:32 AM
07rousche 4.0

Originally Posted by jimkaray
Since GT and v6 clutches are different diameters they are not interchangeable. Its possible the aftermarket clutch will different enough from the stock clutch that you will need an adjustable throw out bearing to get the correct clearance from the fingers and enough overall travel to release the clutch. I went with an adjustable TB since I wanted to be sure it would be right the first time but it isn't a cheap option.
Where did you get your 26 spline clutch then
Old 04-24-2014, 11:15 AM
pedalhappy
1st Gear Member

I dont see how it would make a difference if the TB I have fits both the 3650 and my t5?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/exedy-...nder-0513.html

unless it wont bolt to the flex plate or the flywheel it should work fine correct?
Old 04-24-2014, 11:23 AM
jimkaray
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 07rousche 4.0
Where did you get your 26 spline clutch then
well there are very few 10" 26 spline out there, like almost zero. I wanted CenterForce to simply swap hubs for me since I already had their set up but for some reason they weren't willing to do it. Needless to say I'm no longer a fan of theirs.
McCleod makes a dual friction disk 10/26, which is in the master catalog but may not come up in the online search. I don't have the p/n handy but I can look up my paperwork when I get a chance.

Quick Reply: T5 cluster