Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

P0622 Long Term... Getting Old...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 02:54 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Default P0622 Long Term... Getting Old...

Hello all,

I have a 2005 V6 automatic. She's my baby, but I've had this problem for (don't kill me) over a year now. My records show on 5/10/2016 at 7:12 PM, my battery light came on. It would keep coming on and turning off randomly. The code was P0622. Well, it's 6/14/2017 at 3:50 PM now, and the light still comes on every now and then.

Within the past couple months the frequency of when it comes on hasn't changed, but now when I put her in park after driving for a bit, the RPMs will drop down to about 500, she'll obviously sputter and shake because of it, then idle normal after a couple seconds. If I put it in drive or reverse, idle is normal. This only happens when in park. I haven't checked neutral.

Twice in the past couple months, it stalled in park. Fired right back up no problem. This also doesn't happen every time when I put her in park, and when the RPM drop happens, it's not always when the battery light is on.

Since I've had the code for over a year, I've definitely had time to do some research. No wires or plugs seem to be corroded. My negative battery terminal does have a slight leak. While this may of course be the problem, I did clean and neutralize it, but problem still occurred. While running, the battery measures about 14.5 volts and 12.9 volts when off. The alternator is the original (at least it's the one that's been in the car since I had it since 2009).

Needless to say, I'm not sure what's going on. It drives and idles in drive (when stopped) just fine. There is no dimming of lights or electronics. I haven't added any modifications that would draw more power. Any ideas? I figured I would ask before trying to replace things and having the same issue (as others have during my research.)

Thank you all. Sorry for the book. I just figured the more details I could give, the better. And yes... My records on this car are that good. :P
Old 07-14-2017, 08:54 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the help everyone. :P

I figured I would update this in the event anyone else is having the problem. In short, I replaced the alternator, and the battery light and code went away.

The RPM drops/occasional stalling has not gone away.