Notices
4.0L V6 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, exhaust, tuners/CAI, or gearing can be asked here!

Idle only, after battery disconnect - HELP

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 06:21 PM
hidesert07

Default Idle only, after battery disconnect - HELP

I had the high pitched squaling sound at engine start. I located it to the starter. So I disconnected the battery to work on the starter. When finished, reconnected the battery and now it idles only, does not react to throttle pedal. Have also DTC codes 2104 and 2111, the wrench light on dashboard. I did the throttle learning procedure twice:
1) disconnect the battery and discharge any circuits (brake pedal)
2) reconnect the battery and let it idle until warmed up
3) turn on A/C on full and idle for 1 min
4) turn off engine and restart.
It did nothing. It still does the same. Did I miss something? Please help.
Before I disconnected the battery, everything was fine. 2007 4.0L V6 MT 5-Speed
Thanks
Old 11-30-2017, 11:55 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by hidesert07
I had the high pitched squaling sound at engine start. I located it to the starter. So I disconnected the battery to work on the starter. When finished, reconnected the battery and now it idles only, does not react to throttle pedal. Have also DTC codes 2104 and 2111, the wrench light on dashboard. I did the throttle learning procedure twice:
1) disconnect the battery and discharge any circuits (brake pedal)
2) reconnect the battery and let it idle until warmed up
3) turn on A/C on full and idle for 1 min
4) turn off engine and restart.
It did nothing. It still does the same. Did I miss something? Please help.
Before I disconnected the battery, everything was fine. 2007 4.0L V6 MT 5-Speed
Thanks
P2104 is "Forced Engine Idle". What sort of work did you do which might have affected wiring, while working on the starter?

Check that your connectors are soundly fixed at the ABS Module and Throttle body. Either of those can cause a Forced Engine Idle condition.
Old 12-01-2017, 12:43 PM
hidesert07

It is running again. I eliminated the fault that I caused myself. Pretty stupid. Before I worked on the starter, I opened the throttle body (ETC) to inspect the gears. Then I put it all together and that doesnt work like that. One suppose not to open the OEM ETC. The aftermarket ETC are different I read. Anyway the butterfly was not entirely closed. The spring inside the assembly has to be tensioned. To do that, you have to unbolt the plastic part with the electric motor from the ETC assembly and remove the spring cover cap, (push out from inside). Re-attach the plastic part to the main body. Using long nose pliers turn the plastic retainer that holds the spring 1/2 or 3/4 turn CCW until it pops into place. There are two notches on the round retainer. Install the spring cap. Upon startup the DTC codes and the wrench were gone.
Old 12-08-2017, 11:36 AM
svastano
4th Gear Member

Glad you figured it out.