4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

mrt catted h-pipe????

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:18 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default mrt catted h-pipe????

hey there just wanted to know where i could get a mrt catted h-pipe for the cheapest thats out there?????
Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: mrt catted h-pipe????

i thought changing the subject would've gotten more reply's than none but i guess i was wrong.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

http://mrt-direct.com/mustangracing/hpipe.php

Google is your friend!
Old 03-02-2006, 11:42 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i can get a magnaflow catted h-pipe with hi-flow cats for cheaper then that, but i heard the mrt h is pricey but worth it. That was coming from another 04 cobra owner too.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:44 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: yellowcobra

i can get a magnaflow catted h-pipe with hi-flow cats for cheaper then that, but i heard the mrt h is pricey but worth it. That was coming from another 04 cobra owner too.
Magnaflow makes an H pipe too? Dang I guess there were more H pipes available for this generation of Mustang than I thought. And yeah, I don't know many people that have the MRT, but I have heard it is the best..
Old 03-02-2006, 11:48 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

no i was mistaken it was an x-pipe with hi flow cats for 450. Yeah i wish magnaflow made an h pipe but they don't i was wrong.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:50 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

no i was mistaken it was an x-pipe with hi flow cats for 450. Yeah i wish magnaflow made an h pipe but they don't i was wrong.
Yeah, I have been lookin everywhere for H pipes to consider, however I have only seen the MRT and the Mac. Kinda narrows my options down. I don't want to spend the money for the MRT right now since I will be getting longtubes eventually and I will have a useless 500 dollar pipe when I do...
Old 03-02-2006, 11:52 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

very true. I believe i have manafolds so yeah your right you would just have to replace it if your getting headers down the line. I also heard it may not get me that much if i were to put headers on have you heard any word about the cobra's and buying headers is a waste of money.
Old 03-02-2006, 11:55 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

very true. I believe i have manafolds so yeah your right you would just have to replace it if your getting headers down the line. I also heard it may not get me that much if i were to put headers on have you heard any word about the cobra's and buying headers is a waste of money.
I'm sure a set of longtubes would get you a nice gain. Short-tubes generally don't gain you that much and would probably be a waste of money unless you do the work yourself. But yea, if you plan on getting longtubes any time soon, you might just want to hold off on the midpipe until you get them, or get a cheap one (Mac) until you do get LTs. Also, do you have strict emissions where you live?
Old 03-02-2006, 11:58 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

i wanted to get an o/r h pipe, but yes i have emission, but my dumb*** forgot to say i live in a different county where they don't have emissions test but i forgot and now i have to go through emission. Now i heard though that anything over a certain year they don't put the exhaust thingy on they just plug it into your computer and run the codes. But then i also heard that if the emissions guy smells hears suspects anything then i'm screwed because he'll look under the car and boom not passing.

Quick Reply: mrt catted h-pipe????