4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What will it take?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 02:35 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What will it take?

yoteehunter where you adding in the install cost because I was looking at

Ford 4.10 gears $100-200

headers, X-pipe, Cat-back $1,000

new heads (p&p) $1,000

I would need now cams and intake (Don’t know cost!)

bore out my block (don’t know cost!)

the whole drive train (Tranny, Drive shaft, fly wheel, clutch, ect) $3,000

none of the # I said are 100% I was just guessing
Old 03-06-2006, 02:42 PM
ByPopularDemand
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimmyGt

READ FIRST!!! I said how far will I have to go before I can beat him. I am going to mod my mustang anyway. I know I will not beat him know and there would be no point in racing him tell I have a chance!
Just seems like your modding for the wrong reason
Old 03-06-2006, 02:51 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

why would I race someone when I am going to get smoked! Its not even worth the gas I will use because I know I wil loose. I dont need to race him to know that. I just want to know how far I will have to mod before it would be a real race. when I am done with my car he would not even come close. I will be doing a super charger last and once I have that he will not even be close.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:51 PM
yoteehunter
3rd Gear Member

I feel ya bro....you mod to kick ***! not conomplate the thought of "well I may loose this one". Dont let all the hipe fool you. Any well built ford motor can keep up and/or surpass the precious LS1. Also if you can do the work your self, you can consider a major savings and put more money into parts rather than labor. I do all my mods myself and it helps the pocket book alot. One other thing to consider, is going with a pushrod ford. A 351 windsor with world products iron heads and a stroker kit will easily blow an Ls1 back to the begining of time. Although the modular motor is way more effecient and built purposely. My pops built a 468hp 408windsor motor for about 3000$ with him doing the build and only requiring machine work. It is N/A so if he wanted more he could add a blower. An LS1 we have not found in our town that can take it (not to say there not one out there). Just dont get confused. Whatever you do just remember this.......Anything can be beat, but no matter what you do there will always be someone out there who can beat ya. and above I wasnt realy counting labor. FYI I used mac ceramic longtube headers(450$), a E-bay mandrel bent exhaust and did installed it all myself for about 600$ total. exhaust can be done a little cheeper than you have listed I would think. Also why drivetrain? your tranny should be good enough to handle the duty of what you are speaking of?
Old 03-06-2006, 05:03 PM
Dsmfighter
3rd Gear Member

step 5. pick up hott B1tches in your new mystic chrome vert cobra.

dont care about winning.

ORIGINAL: 4.6addikt

I can tell you the tips to beating him.. I will write them out in steps..

1. Get in your car, turn the ignition on, and begin driving..
2. When you eventually pass a Ford dealership, pull in..
3. Buy a 03/04 Cobra..
4. Go beat your friend.

that is all..goodnight.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:39 PM
bluepony4.6
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TimmyGt

why would I race someone when I am going to get smoked! Its not even worth the gas I will use because I know I wil loose. I dont need to race him to know that. I just want to know how far I will have to mod before it would be a real race. when I am done with my car he would not even come close. I will be doing a super charger last and once I have that he will not even be close.
Take him to the local track and beat the snot out of him. BE THE PITBULL!!! Pitbulls need no provocation, and are probably not the biggest dog in the fight. However they are some of the most dangerous dogs around. If he beats you, oh well hopefully you got the first licks in.

Seriously, Timmy you need more than engine mods to win this race. You need confidence and better knowledge of your adversary. He has already defeated you in your mind without even lining up. Once you buy all the mods to defeat this guy and finally defeat a STOCK LS1 what will you do next when he starts modding....retire?

You say you wouldn't spend $25,000 on a cobra when you can spend $10,000 and beat a STOCK cobra (hopefully you're talking 99 model). This makes no sense to me. As soon as you start modding a stock cobra or a LS1, your hyped up 97 GT will be smoked again. They are just getting started hp wise where your vehicle is peaking.

You want to beat an LS1? It starts with attitude. You can't be a pitbull if you already pulled your teeth out! Next comes the right vehicle (03/04 Cobra). Then it's a battle of the acronyms (WS6 vs. SVT). Smells pretty even to me.

Be the PITBULL!!!!! However, if you can't afford it, stay on the porch (with me).
Old 03-06-2006, 06:41 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I think this thread has run it's course. Good luck with your mods and the LS WHAT.