4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

S/c vs n/a

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 01:03 AM
torched04
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: S/c vs n/a

I can bear with those numbers thanks dude and i love your car is she dropped and how much
Old 03-06-2006, 01:10 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: torched04

I can bear with those numbers thanks dude and i love your car is she dropped and how much

yea... ive got eibach pro springs in it that dropped it about 1.5 inches. i need to update the pics of her..... shes got big fat tires in the back now. i also like being in boost alot so i bet i could get maybe 14 city if i drove normal....
Old 03-06-2006, 01:14 AM
96cobra10101
3rd Gear Member

My mileage dropped, but I have 42 lbs injectors and a bigger fuel pump along with the KB.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:20 AM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

If ur on a budget just get nitrous. Thats what I did. For under 500 you can get a new zex kit to ur door, and its all ready to go. Just dont strip the fitting on the bottle [:@]
Old 03-06-2006, 01:41 AM
torched04
2nd Gear Member

yea i was lookin at kb kits and mph says they want them to install it i am like no i want to do it. Ntm they come with 36lbs on the kit and a new focus fuel pump now i dunno what the focus pump is opposed to mine but wouldnt that mean i get less also in terms with mpg's
Old 03-06-2006, 01:46 AM
torched04
2nd Gear Member

nah dude i like have an safe 440 hp dd driver on tap if i were to go n20 id get rpm activated electronic valve and that costs alot more in the long run. Refillin the bottle all the time u wanna go fast. SO lets be conservative it costs 20 bucks to fill kb kit costs 7000 being a bit over pricey that means 350 bottles later you paid for an kb kit. Which i think is more efficent and safer than n20. but these numbers can be rearranged in any direction costs may be more or less but the results still come out the same.

but there is something badass about gone in sixty seconds n20 scene lol
Old 03-06-2006, 01:48 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Vortech>KB....Just my opinion.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:53 AM
torched04
2nd Gear Member

yes i saw the debate on it. The reasons i swung kb is kenne bell is proven like vortech is, two kenne bell is lower rpm activated meaning i dont have to as one kid on the forum said beat the **** out of it to get it to go fast. three i saw kb has the best complete kit with everything i need. The only problem is i have to find people who sell the whole kit I went to mph but they insist on installing stuff on MY CAR the nerve lol. But please all means i want to buy the best s/c so why do you like the vortech?
Old 03-06-2006, 01:57 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: torched04

yes i saw the debate on it. The reasons i swung kb is kenne bell is proven like vortech is, two kenne bell is lower rpm activated meaning i dont have to as one kid on the forum said beat the **** out of it to get it to go fast. three i saw kb has the best complete kit with everything i need. The only problem is i have to find people who sell the whole kit I went to mph but they insist on installing stuff on MY CAR the nerve lol. But please all means i want to buy the best s/c so why do you like the vortech?
I just think it's a better "all around" S/C. The centrifucals build boost with rpms, so you can drive it conservatively as a DD and not run into any problems. My wife drove her 470+RWHP 2000 GT with a Vortech as a DD for over 3 years.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:02 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

I know I am a little late in this, but about SVT: I remember Ford saying SVT was going to be sticking around, and they had no plans for dismantling it. Anyone else find the date April 1st to be a little funny? Could they possibly be playing an April Fool's joke already?

Back on topic: The focus fuel pump will not make your gas mileage any worse... all it will allow is more fuel flow for when those 36 lb. injectors demand it.

I'm a fan of the KB's myself.

Nitrous is cheaper than any blower, you will need to go through a LOT of bottles before you come up to the price of a supercharger. The Zex kits come with a WOT switch, and the newest ones have a fuel pressure switch, where if your fuel pressure is too low, or drops too low, it will not spray/stop spraying. They are becoming more and more safe... the only other thing I could request from them is a window switch. Just a basic Zex kit is around $600. All the other accessories are convenient, but not necessary (bottle warmer, remote bottle opener). I find that without a bottle warmer and it being cold out, I am not tempted to spray on the street knowing I don't have enough nitrous pressure... Just helps me keep myself under control.

Quick Reply: S/c vs n/a