4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

illegal exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 03:37 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Default RE: illegal exhaust?

yea ive met some pretty cool cops...and im a crim major...so i eventually want to do something with law enforcement. she just sucked tho. and chances are she could not have given you a ticket...sounds like a bad excuse...i think she was just pissed off.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:51 AM
aking287
2nd Gear Member

Here in FL cops don't care about how loud your car is. They just lie about how fast your going and give you a ticket. Going to court for that one though.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:05 AM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

so you got pulled over........

and you did not get a ticket.....

whats the big deal. be happy she wasnt a BIOTCH enough to give you one.
Old 03-07-2006, 11:06 AM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aking287

Here in FL cops don't care about how loud your car is. They just lie about how fast your going and give you a ticket. Going to court for that one though.
They did that too you to? They gave my wife a ticket because he pulled her over and said she ran a stop sign, which she didn't, and after she argued with him, he said he would give her a break and gave her a ticket for not wearing her seatbelt WHICH SHE WAS WEARING. And I think it was no coincidence that it was November, Floridas month when they crack down on seatbelt enforcement, this guy wasn't meeting his quota so he made crap up.
ORIGINAL: MustangMafia
Yeah but I'm talking on a stock PI 4.6..... From inside a cop car following from a safe distance.......
Listen to my soundclip.....
Old 03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

no a lot of times if you commit a more serious infraction cops will give you a ticket for a seatbel infraction or something else silly like that. this is on the basis that she did run the stop sign or at least would have gotten a ticket for it. cuz a ticket for a seatbelt is cheaper than one for running a stop sign. its actually kind of nice of cops to do...i mean if they have to give you a ticket it might as well be cheaper. i think its less points on your license as well. were you in the car with your wife? or did she just tell you she didnt run it? lol
Old 03-07-2006, 11:47 AM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: VARifleman

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

flows are pretty quiet, they just give a nice tone.... and the o/r midpipe is prolly what did it. No cats is a lot of less noise reduction.

that cop just had no time on her hands, like all the f***ing cops in my town!!!
I know, I hate it when people risk their lives every day to protect my rights.....
They're job is not to protect your rights, it's simply to enforce the law, whether that law happens to protect or restrict your rights.
And the laws are there to protect your rights. Name one law that restricts your rights granted by the constitution...
Old 03-07-2006, 12:04 PM
blackbetty01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

no a lot of times if you commit a more serious infraction cops will give you a ticket for a seatbel infraction or something else silly like that. this is on the basis that she did run the stop sign or at least would have gotten a ticket for it. cuz a ticket for a seatbelt is cheaper than one for running a stop sign. its actually kind of nice of cops to do...i mean if they have to give you a ticket it might as well be cheaper. i think its less points on your license as well. were you in the car with your wife? or did she just tell you she didnt run it? lol
I was in the car and I had been drinking so I just kept my mouth shut, that is why my wife was driving my car with me in it. Not only did she stop we had to wait for a car to drive by before she could pull out. What I think happened is she stopped, then rolled forward until the car went by and the cop just assumed she never stopped. Plus I always wear my seatbelt and I make sure she wears hers too if she is in my car, and the Mustang dings if the driver doesn't wear their seatbelt. She ended up just paying the ticket because it costs more money to miss a day at work since her job is about 80% commission. Which is EXACTLY what most cops know people will do, just pay it and move on.
Old 03-07-2006, 12:48 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Maybe she dug your package and wanted to get a closer look. Then saw what you were packing, got angry you wasted her time, then went home and laughed about you with her girlfriends...
Old 03-07-2006, 01:13 PM
aking287
2nd Gear Member

Just be happy she didn't give you a ticket. I've never been pulled over and not gotten a ticket. I've only been pulled over twice, but that makes me 2-0 with tickets. There's much worse stories around than just being pulled over then let go.
Old 03-07-2006, 01:24 PM
SLPGT00
1st Gear Member

is your x pipe a catted one? no cats is illegal cuz of emission laws

Quick Reply: illegal exhaust?