4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

What is the Benefit of a V8?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:49 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What is the Benefit of a V8?

ORIGINAL: DarkShadowGT03

So you're saying that you would rather have a V6 than an auto GT just because it's a 5 speed? I think you need to rethink your analysis. I have an auto GT and I would love to drive a manual, but I would never want a V6 just because of the tranny.
That's the difference between you and him....
Old 03-07-2006, 08:54 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

dude, dont even consider a v6, i dont want to effend ANYONE ( i have a 88' firebird that has a v6 in it, i wish EVERYDAY it had a v8, cuz i re-did the body all nice and painted it, all show no go!) but i dont know WHY they EVER put a 4cyl OR a v6 in a M-U-S-T-A-N-G...i mean i know they started out as 6cyls. way back in the day, but then they were KNOWN as fast ponys, and v8's and good sound, so WHY DID THEY GO BACK? and dont say gas....if someone cared about gas/insurance....they WOULDNT get a MUSTANG...theyd get a rice burner or a import, not american MUSCLE....go with a v8 dude, also the re-sale will be a day and night difference, they cant get rid of the 6's but the 8's they cant hang onto...dont make the mistake the guy did when he bought my firebird back in the day...

G
O

W
I
T
H

A

V
!
Old 03-07-2006, 08:55 PM
four-sixer
2nd Gear Member

wow. Why is this a thread? Either get a honda or a v8. Gas mileage goes to the civic. Power, respect, ride quality, other people staring, looks, and basically everything else goes to the v8 mustang.

And about not being able to enjoy it w/o a track? Like the others said, it's thrill enough to get to the speed limit fast.

Just get a v8. Those 2 cylinders do a lot, trust us
Old 03-07-2006, 09:01 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

ORIGINAL: mustangman02232

sound, more torque, and you get to say "yes i have a V-8" however, if i had a choice between a auto GT coupe and a V-6 5 speed vert id have to take the 6er, my biggest regret was getting a auto but that is all that the dealer had, an i HAD to have a vert.
You're dead to me. But I see what you mean. Fun factor really plays a huge part in vehicle choice, which is why so many people go with the GTs..... If people are going to speed, they are going to speed. You don't need 260HP to do it....
and your saying i dont speed in my 6er[sm=lol.gif]

and yes i know i need a tuner, but i got other crap goin on now that i need to spend money on,

So you're saying that you would rather have a V6 than an auto GT just because it's a 5 speed? I think you need to rethink your analysis. I have an auto GT and I would love to drive a manual, but I would never want a V6 just because of the tranny.

if the V-6 was a vert and the GT a coupe, yes

ORIGINAL: hurleymasta

dude, dont even consider a v6, i dont want to effend ANYONE ( i have a 88' firebird that has a v6 in it, i wish EVERYDAY it had a v8, cuz i re-did the body all nice and painted it, all show no go!) but i dont know WHY they EVER put a 4cyl OR a v6 in a M-U-S-T-A-N-G...i mean i know they started out as 6cyls. way back in the day, but then they were KNOWN as fast ponys, and v8's and good sound, so WHY DID THEY GO BACK? and dont say gas....if someone cared about gas/insurance....they WOULDNT get a MUSTANG...theyd get a rice burner or a import, not american MUSCLE....go with a v8 dude, also the re-sale will be a day and night difference, they cant get rid of the 6's but the 8's they cant hang onto...dont make the mistake the guy did when he bought my firebird back in the day...

even with a 305 in that bird i could still probably run with you in a stock split-port V-6

Old 03-07-2006, 09:04 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMafia

sound, more torque, and you get to say "yes i have a V-8" however, if i had a choice between a auto GT coupe and a V-6 5 speed vert id have to take the 6er, my biggest regret was getting a auto but that is all that the dealer had, an i HAD to have a vert.
You're dead to me. But I see what you mean. Fun factor really plays a huge part in vehicle choice, which is why so many people go with the GTs..... If people are going to speed, they are going to speed. You don't need 260HP to do it....
and your saying i dont speed in my 6er[sm=lol.gif]

and yes i know i need a tuner, but i got other crap goin on now that i need to spend money on,

if the V-6 was a vert and the GT a coupe, yes

ORIGINAL: hurleymasta

even with a 305 in that bird i could still probably run with you in a stock split-port V-6

Now and that was kinda my point. If people are going to speed, they can do it in a Geo Metro. Doing it in a V8 Stang is just more fun
Old 03-07-2006, 09:11 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

just go drive a gt and youll see for yourself it is way more fun. The v8 sound is awesome too.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

the question "Why is a V8 better than a V6" is like a virgin asking somebody why sex is fun. it can't be explained, only experienced.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:30 PM
MustangMafia
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

the question "Why is a V8 better than a V6" is like a virgin asking somebody why sex is fun. it can't be explained, only experienced.
LOL. I'd have to agree with that somewhat crude analogy.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Stang9946
4th Gear Member

I say...with a V8...I just want the power to be there incase I ever need it for whatever reason no matter what it is.
Old 03-07-2006, 09:34 PM
hurleymasta
2nd Gear Member

my v6 stayed up with my buddies 305 92' camaro....but that camaro would get EATEN ALIVE with my 96 gt, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT, and the stang is less cubes, but it would smoke it so bad, it wouldnt even be funny, id have to go in reverse so i dont embarrass him....but yea the new 6's would beat it i bet, but even that, dont settle for the 6's beating it, THINK ABOUT HOW BADLY THE 8's WOULD?!??!?! HAHAHHHA GOOOOOO 8!!!!!

Quick Reply: What is the Benefit of a V8?