4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Next Mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 04:03 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Default Next Mod

Now that I have my flowmaster catbacks on I am saving up for my next mod. Just wanting to get your guys opinon on what you think I should do next. I'm trying to find something that would cost me under $250 and that I could install myself or get professionally installed for very cheap. I dont know crap about the mechanics of my car so it would have to be something easy to install also. I wast thinking about an off road h-pipe or a short throw shifter or a cold air intake. Any suggestions you guys have would be great.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:51 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Next Mod

ORIGINAL: Razor19

Now that I have my flowmaster catbacks on I am saving up for my next mod. Just wanting to get your guys opinon on what you think I should do next. I'm trying to find something that would cost me under $250 and that I could install myself or get professionally installed for very cheap. I dont know crap about the mechanics of my car so it would have to be something easy to install also. I wast thinking about an off road h-pipe or a short throw shifter or a cold air intake. Any suggestions you guys have would be great.
Yeah, ditch the Slowmasters and get a straight through exhaust!
Old 02-22-2004, 05:13 PM
Flying5.0
1st Gear Member

Go with the Off road H/P or the Off road X/P, and a set of MIL elliminators.
Old 02-22-2004, 07:37 PM
N2OJunkie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 03BlackSteed

ORIGINAL: Razor19

Yeah, ditch the Slowmasters and get a straight through exhaust!
The guy just said that his budget is tight, that was not a nice thing to say to him......Razor19, good choice with the Flows, they dont add a lot of performance but who cares about an extra 5Hp loss if you cant feel the difference , now , at least you can hear a nice rumble coming off your exhaust and thats what actually matters...a lot of people here just have their minds occupied on adding performaqnce here or there, but all they do are bolt ons, and they hope for miracles to happen. I've never hear them talking about adding Nitrous or blowing up their cars, there is where real performance is..Just my thoughts, and again no flaming intended...Peace..
Old 02-22-2004, 11:50 PM
04ShakinSteed
I ♥ Acer

What, you're not going to sell him on Spintechs????
Old 02-23-2004, 02:56 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

N20 what do you think I should do for my next mod? Your opinon I would actually take into consideration seeing as how you know what you are talking about opposed to other certain people *cough* 03BlackSteed *cough*.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:02 AM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

I am not sure if the flows are the only mod you have done but for fairly cheap you could get a cold air intake, or an x or h pipe. You could get a pro5.0 or steeda short throw shifter also. I would say gears because they are fairly cheap but it is also pretty expensive to have installed I hear.
Old 02-23-2004, 03:25 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Yes the flows are the only mod I have done so far. As for the gears I could get them for $170 and I could get them installed for $200. Which is over the price of what I'm looking for but if you think its worth saving for then tell me and I will definetly consider that. If not which of those do you think is the best to do?
Old 02-23-2004, 03:31 AM
beezy
2nd Gear Member

I have heard the cold air intake is more or less useless so If it was me I would save for gears or do short throw shifter. But I still have stock gears so I can't tell you first hand how much of an improvement they are but everyone says that it is one of the best early mods to do. 3.73 for a daily driver 5spd or 4.10s for automatics is what they all have been saying. Hope that helps
Old 02-23-2004, 03:35 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Is a short throw shifter hard to install for a noob like me? I know it costs around $180 and if I couldnt do the install myself how much do you think it would cost me to get it installed? I got a 5 speed and its my daily driver so I probably would go with 3.73's.

P.S. Milton Rulez

Quick Reply: Next Mod