4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

600WHP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 04:55 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Default RE: 600WHP!

People just need to realize HP DOES NOT COME CHEAP. If you wanna play you GOTTA PAY.
Old 03-15-2006, 04:57 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

ORIGINAL: country_gent

Well, there are prolly so many of those threads because last I checked, this was a mustang enthusiast site...The man asked a simple question, he didnt ask to be bashed.. He didnt say he had lots of cash, he didnt say he was gonna buy a mustang he already has one and was looking for performance... Just because some people on this board may know more than others doesnt mean you have the right to bash them for asking questions... And it seems like there are quite alot of smart people on this board and thats why I myself joined, but sheesh people, enough with the bashing already...

Rich
Goals need to set for sure, but they ahould be based on a performance goal like "I want to run 10 second 1/4's and still be streetable" or "I want a road race car capible of _____". These posts do pop up alot and for us to answer them gets old, esp when we know that there is almost no chance that the car will ever get built. There are so many ways to get big HP but unless we know what he wants to do with the car, helping him is tough. Also just reading around the site and doing some research is a good idea, rather than wanting other people to do the leg work for you.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:05 PM
country_gent

It may be true that these threads do pop up alot, but if you see he is new just like me, the man has 3 posts and he starts getting slack from people on here who have been around longer or know more.. all he asked was a question..And as far a the HP costs money...there is no doubt to that, but it would be kinda foolish to post and ask " Whats the least HP I can get out of my engine for the most cash" just doesnt sound right... And I will admit, a 600 hp daily driver is a lil much for most of us and I would never care to have one, but to each his own.... And yes, I did read your posted link and it was quite funny but.... what if I really did want 1800 ???? lol

Rich
Old 03-15-2006, 05:08 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I am all for questions and HP goals. My only problem I have with these type of threads is the question " How can I do this cheaply"? That just does not equate. Cheap would be an old school small block Chevrolet.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:13 PM
country_gent

lol, thats blasphemy(SBC)...... As far as the cheap stuff goes though, it really all depends... now I dont forsee 600 coming cheaply because I am sure there would have to be forged internals for that amount as a DD...But say he could find a used Vortech s-trim, a bullit intake and a Nitrous Kit..all depending on what boost he wanted and with a good tune, he could easily see 450 to the wheels fairly decently priced dont ya think..???

Rich
Old 03-15-2006, 05:19 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

lol, thats blasphemy(SBC)...... As far as the cheap stuff goes though, it really all depends... now I dont forsee 600 coming cheaply because I am sure there would have to be forged internals for that amount as a DD...But say he could find a used Vortech s-trim, a bullit intake and a Nitrous Kit..all depending on what boost he wanted and with a good tune, he could easily see 450 to the wheels fairly decently priced dont ya think..???

Rich
With the set up you listed...Let's say $2000.00 for the blower, Bullitt intake-$1000.00 (if you're lucky), nitrous kit-$500.00 (also if you're lucky). So, with that you are at $3500.00 and will be on the outer limits of the bottom end. Now, you are looking at a forged bottom end $1500-$2500.00, machine work $1000.00. Now you have a good platform, BUT...what about all the extras???? Fuel pump, clutch, flywheel, exhaust, injectors, MAF, new tune.....It all adds up.

Everytime you add a component, you will need at least another component to support your initial purchase. You see what I am saying??
Old 03-15-2006, 05:22 PM
country_gent

I never said that I didnt see where you were coming from, I never said that I would be cheap.. But atleast because of you and I rambling back and forth, he has an idea of what to expect...

Rich
Old 03-15-2006, 05:23 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I never said that I didnt see where you were coming from, I never said that I would be cheap.. But atleast because of you and I rambling back and forth, he has an idea of what to expect...

Rich
LMAO, point taken. Sa'll good.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:32 PM
96cobra10101
3rd Gear Member

I spent 12k, I am at 400rwhp. about 3.5k more and and I will have 500-550. It isn't cheap. Most people you run into have around 300-330 hp and they have spent 3 or 4K on there cars. You have to figure that every componet needs to be upgraded that is transfering that power to the wheels or its gonna break. So a Sc for 3000, great, but it takes about 2-3K more so the car will run right, and not break. My car, at the time was considered a great car that was built well and was strong. Now, it isn't all that, comparing it with what you can buy. GTO's, Z06, 03-04 Cobra, saleen, even the Sti or Evo MR. My car brand new was about 27k. You can't touch any of those, brand new, for less than 35-40. The money I ahve dumped in mine I will never see. But I plan on keeping the car for a very long time. It only gets out for short trips or weekend drives, and eventually maybe to the track and/or a car show. If I wanted a 1000 hp car, I could have one in a matter of weeks, but what is the fun in that. I'll keep my very driveable car that I can still throw my kids in and take a nice drive to the beach.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:34 PM
03greyGT
3rd Gear Member

I dont think a post like this is totally out of the question..for example, a friend of mine had a 01 V6, and needed help on how to change oil. He knew nothing about cars. Well his aunt left him her house in a will, and he sold it, bought an 01 GT, had a DSS long block built, has a F1 Procharger, with a built TKO 500, and a 100 shot. He has about 600 RWHP before the nitrous...he learned about mustangs in and out and is now going to be running high 10s this year. So I dont think that asking a question like wnating 650 hp is unrealistic....just my .02

By the way he has about 15K in the motor, trans, and supercharger setup...

Quick Reply: 600WHP!