4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

How do you pay for your mods?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 05:13 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: How do you pay for your mods?

yea well +1 on the debt card but I dont have one yet since Im only 16. However I will never own a credit card . I use paypal from a bank acct so I just voted cash cuz it's closest to it.
Old 03-16-2006, 05:25 PM
steedastang96
1st Gear Member

i only use my credit card for imediate gas, food and beer..... on another note i pay cash i save a certin amount from every cheak it goes to parts, my first months cheak i put away for car payment, 2nd week half is insuruence, 3rd week is half **** around and half goes to my savings for mods, and 4th week either goes more **** around cash or mods it all depends if im partying, board and wanna buy somthing fun or feel like putting more towards a big mod
Old 03-16-2006, 05:40 PM
pdk
2nd Gear Member

i use the c card, but its paid of in full every month. if my credit is not enough i will use my parents or siblings and cut them a check on the spot.

reason: there is an ability to dispute any charges if you have any problems.

Old 03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
pLaGuIeNtO
2nd Gear Member

code3GT
Section Moderator

code3GT's photo gallery I pay for all my stuff with dead presidents.
+1
Old 03-16-2006, 09:15 PM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

My cool debit card.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:20 PM
03redGT
3rd Gear Member

i voted for wrestle, but i use my debit card.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:20 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

I use my credit card then pay the bill in full when I get it. I only use the credit card cause I get points on it that gets me free gas.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
BBond007
2nd Gear Member

CREDIT! CREDIT! CREDIT!

I never order stuff off my DEBIT card.

I guess I would if it was a separate account from my checking and I only put the amount of money in needed for what I was buying, but it’s not worth risking it otherwise.

I learned the hard way! I once ordered a hood for a jeep from 4WD place I'd never done business with before. My hood was great at a killer price.

3 months later my landlord showed up at my door. My rent check bounced!

After investigating, a charge from that 4WD place shows up on my account. I call the 4WD place. Apparently they charged a transfer case to my debit by mistake. And those are not cheap. The process of crediting me back took over a week. Like 7 business days which really feels more like 2 weeks.

The "Visa" logo or whatever is supposed to protect you... And it does, but with any dispute you need to first try to rectify the situation with the vendor, so it takes time to get your money back…

Also, on that same note…

I will never use a debit card at the gas station. I just had an experience that is just a small example of why.

I’m on a road trip December 2005, Miami -> St. Louis.

I get all the way to Marion IL, try to get gas… my CC is declined! Not over the limit, but suspicious charges.

Apparently the gas stations on the interstates are starting to authorize $100 - $175 the minute you insert your card. You may only buy $25 in gas, but for the next few days the reduction in your credit will be that initial $100 - $175.

I’m not sure how that works with a debit card, but I’d rather not chance it.

I have no debt… Not everyone who uses credit cards gets in debt just as not everyone who drinks becomes an alcoholic and not everyone who gambles develops a gambling problem.

Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I am very broke in every respect, but I have a debit card and a credit card. I put emergencies and small sh** on the credit card and I only have like a $200 balance or so, and right now I still have the introductory 0% financing. I make huge payments towards that so it shrinks quick.

Most crap I buy with my debit card because I take my pay checks and deposite them right to the checking account. Any cash I get goes to my parents to pay them for my various debts.

Mods for my ride are almost non existant, college is expensive. However, my baby comes apart tomorrow! Got a list of hard earned parts to put in.

George
Old 03-16-2006, 10:29 PM
David_K
5th Gear Member

put it on the company credit card and ge a tax write off

Quick Reply: How do you pay for your mods?