4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need feedback from my 4.6 people

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 10:58 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Need feedback from my 4.6 people

blah blah blah. people are going to post new threads now matter how many are open and even on the first page about what they want to know. it's much easier to have everybody talk directly do you in your own thread than tag along in someone else's thread. no matter what you do, you know there's always going to be repeated thread no matter how they're organized. there's just going to be tons of threads in the main section that will have to be moved in the sub sections daily as it is now.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:09 PM
antiv6
5th Gear Member

i dont think there are enough posts to make a bunch of sections. in the 05-06 there is a regular then a v8 and a v6 and its more of an annoyance to dig through them then anything
Old 03-27-2006, 02:12 PM
badsp0rk
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

What would ya'll think about having sub-sections in the 4.6 area? That way we could have a section for exhaust, power adders, appearence, etc. A little feedback, please...
I see nothing wrong with that; this general section certainly gets cluttered at times.
The information posted on these boards is quite informative, too.. if they were spread out, they'd stay up longer, which would lead to less overall threads and more expanding of the "basic" threads rather than a flood of "I just got a new 4.6L V8 Mustang.. what mods should I get??"
By sectioning the 4.6 section threads will stay up longer, since there will be no increase in the number of threads rather an increase in the amount displayed, which means rather than new posts people can just read older ones and have their questions answered.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: antiv6

i dont think there are enough posts to make a bunch of sections. in the 05-06 there is a regular then a v8 and a v6 and its more of an annoyance to dig through them then anything
I agree with this... I think it will only make more problems than anything. I like the way it is set up now because it is simple, and all information is kept together... I don't see how well dividing it up could turn out.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Brute03
5th Gear Member

Personally i think it's good just the way it is. if the 4.6 section is split up too much, you'll increase the chance of threads not getting any attention. i kinda like to see all 4.6 related topics in one section.

Owners tend to spend most of their time in their corresponding section. Have you seen how many threads in the general tech section have 0 replies?
Old 03-27-2006, 03:59 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Brute03

Personally i think it's good just the way it is. if the 4.6 section is split up too much, you'll increase the chance of threads not getting any attention. i kinda like to see all 4.6 related topics in one section.

Owners tend to spend most of their time in their corresponding section. Have you seen how many threads in the general tech section have 0 replies?
Yeah, I like it how it is now... Now that all the Stickys are consolidated in one, there is more room for all the new posts that are being asked.. I wouldn't want to keep going into different sections just to read related 4.6 tech questions.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Emann0007
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: czwalga00gt

Ehh I dunno... Maybe just one sub-section that you only want to post for 4.6 people but it may not be tech related. As for as individual sections for everything I dont think its necessary. Less chance i'd view all the threads.
+1 I'm gonna give this a big No. I think you'll end up with 3-4 subsections that will still get the same generic posts over and over and will distract from tech question in the 4.6 room. We have a pipes boost and juice room already and the guys who lurk in there are pretty helpful. Most of them are 4.6 guys anywho I would hate to see mine and others posts overlooked because it was in the wrong sub-section of the 4.6 room. Theres already 2 dozen sections on this forum. More sections = more confucion and wrongly placed the=reads if you asked me. That and everyone including yourself will have to jump from section to section to be able to read/respond to everyone. Gonna be more work for you the way I see it. Not trying to be a butthead, just seem slieka bad idea to me. I love how it is right now. It's been cleaned up a lot and the tech Questions are coming back and this 4.6 room is finally back on track. And for that I give you[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 03-27-2006, 06:22 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nanaki

if there's going to be sub sections in every section, what's the point of having every other section outside of here? kinda defeats the whole purpose if you keep every mustang owner in their own section without the need to explore. look at the 05 guys. they isolated themselves long ago and want all these sections too. just my .02
I think it would be better if you kept the tech setions seperated. I recommended a long time ago that they trim them down a bit, and they did, but whats the point of pipes, boost, and juice etc, when you already have a 2v section??

Why do you want 5.0 etc guys opinions on your exhaust for a 2v? Likewise for a blower. The answers are totally different between the two cars. I cannot recommend what is best for a 5.0 on cam etc, and I am guessing they cannot on 4.6/

I almost never have time to go anywhere except 4.6 and the videos section. I pretty much ignore the other areas.

just MHO
Old 03-27-2006, 07:50 PM
70 MACH I
3rd Gear Member

Most excellent idea Code, that would make it much easier to pick through stuff.

John
Old 03-27-2006, 08:05 PM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

IMO you are never gonna have a perfect section. There will always be questions that guys w/ 4.6s have about power adders, exhaust, etc. I say leave it as it is, don't make more work for yourself than you have to. The forums are meant to be fun, social and informative, not strict and completely sorted. I say you are doing a great job already.

Quick Reply: Need feedback from my 4.6 people