4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Need some help with prob

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Default Need some help with prob

So i sold my car last friday. The guy test drove it and said it ran great. I know it ran great b/c i drove it to meet him. Now he's called back today and said that the spark plug hole in the cylinder head is stripped and that a spark plug was held in with JB Weld. I changed the spark plugs and I knwo that JB weld was not used. Only thing put on there was anti-seize. The car ran fine for me after the change. I had put NGK irridiums in there so i didnt go cheap on it.

Now he's taken it to ford and wants me to pay $1500 to either get the head fixed or get it replaced. I dont think i should have to pay for it b/c I know what was put in the cylinder head and I know that it ran fine. He also drove it and said it ran fine. What do you think?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:10 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need some help with prob

Sounds like he was trying to change spark plugs (because that's what a lot of people do when they first buy a car) maybe he used jb weld instead of anti-seize on accident and then tried to get the plug out, f*ck it up and now whats to try to blame you to get off easy.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:36 PM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

Tell him to go away
Old 04-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

Well i think that's what I'm going to do...just not in that way. It's been 5 days since I've sold it to him. How do i know that he didn't do it...If it was something cheaper I'd probably be like ok I'll cover it, but I'm not paying 1500 dollars.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:18 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Well if your being honest then you have nothing to hide and you should treat it that way. Tell him "I changed the plugs last I know for a fact that it was fine when I sold it to you"(no JB weld). Tell him sorry but this is no longer your problem. Like I said before it really sounds like he messed something up and is trying to blame you.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:20 PM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Sold as is, No returns.

Never forget to say that or have it signed.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:27 PM
Matts00GT
4th Gear Member

I know exactly how i changed them and exactly what went on the spark plugs-and that was anti-seize. Even when he described the color of it i was like yea thats the anti-seize. My g/f was standing next to me holding the packet of anti-seize as i put it on. Last time I saw JB Weld it wasn't a grey metallic color like the anti-seize.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:43 PM
n/a_threat
2nd Gear Member

He probably doesn't know what jb weld or anti-seize is and is trying to get $$$ out of you. I say as long as you told him it was sold as is, plus you probably didn't offer anytime of warranty, tell him to take a hike.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Matts00GT

So i sold my car last friday. The guy test drove it and said it ran great. I know it ran great b/c i drove it to meet him. Now he's called back today and said that the spark plug hole in the cylinder head is stripped and that a spark plug was held in with JB Weld. I changed the spark plugs and I knwo that JB weld was not used. Only thing put on there was anti-seize. The car ran fine for me after the change. I had put NGK irridiums in there so i didnt go cheap on it.

Now he's taken it to ford and wants me to pay $1500 to either get the head fixed or get it replaced. I dont think i should have to pay for it b/c I know what was put in the cylinder head and I know that it ran fine. He also drove it and said it ran fine. What do you think?
Caveat Emptor, Buy beware, he should've taken it to a mechanic BEFORE he bought it. Sounds like what a few people have suggested here. He tried to replace the plugs and ended up stripping it himself.

Or maybe he took a plug out and saw the anti-seize and was cluless as to what it is/was. His problem not yours.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

Tell him to go away
Do what Mitch says!

or "Hug a Nut" whatever comes out first! lol

Quick Reply: Need some help with prob