4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I'm getting fed up with this ford dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
dvs_03gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I'm getting fed up with this ford dealership

ford sucks. people in the forums always say they have buddies there that hook them up.. thats bull****
Old 04-18-2006, 07:14 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

ok heres the story, those are actually on the bumper. To get it done, they have to strip the whole bumper of everythign including factory sealers and whatnot and repaint it all. He didn't exactly say he would do it, he said it's not worth it. I just said eff it, but I have a feeling they shoulda fixed it.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 PM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

Then ask them what you just spent the $1200 on??? I'd be still raising hell at them.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:44 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

ORIGINAL: XxphantomsnypzxX

ok heres the story, those are actually on the bumper. To get it done, they have to strip the whole bumper of everythign including factory sealers and whatnot and repaint it all. He didn't exactly say he would do it, he said it's not worth it. I just said eff it, but I have a feeling they shoulda fixed it.
if they did any painting at all, that should be part of the prep. they ripped you off if they painted the bumper and it still looks like crap.

how the hell did you spend over a grand to get a bumper repaired? and if you did spend that much, you should have a brand new bumper, not your old one.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:08 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

o they also had to put in the mustang emblem and a bumper reinforcement that they had to take the front end off for, and respray part of the hood but still they shoulda effin done it right
Old 04-18-2006, 08:13 PM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

Dude, they're screwing you sooooo bad[:@] They should fix it free of charge, and quickly too...if the manager is being an ***, talk to someone else above him. If that doesn't work, drive your car through the front window of the shop, and tell them to fix it now.....
Old 04-18-2006, 08:17 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

yeah, raise hell. but do it in the showroom. the managers will do anything to keep you from scaring off customers. just state very loudly how unhappy you are with the dealerships service. and next time DONT GO TO A DEALER!

I will say this over and over again: dealerships make their money off of sales, not maintenance. so their body work and mechanics are very much second rate compared to a specialty shop of any kind. you can usually find cheaper and better work going to an auto repair or auto collision center. seriously, you could have replaced the front bumper completely and painted it for about 700 bucks (trust me, i know)
Old 04-18-2006, 08:17 PM
crash94
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Why did you ever go to the dealership to begin with?
His mom told him to go there.

Thanks Maw!!
Old 04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dvs_03gt

ford sucks. people in the forums always say they have buddies there that hook them up.. thats bull****

I have had people hook me up all over the place. Had help with my headers, nitrous, and new aluminum intake manifold (thanks paul(s) ) and they were all done in actual shops and i even had a trained mechanic help me with some of it. ford dealerships suck *** when it comes to after purchase service, but if you know some people its amazing the help you can find.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:20 PM
XxphantomsnypzxX
3rd Gear Member

well its a collision center thats kinda connected to the dealer, its not the dealers maintenance, its a collision place. I'm still mad @ them.

Quick Reply: I'm getting fed up with this ford dealership