4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

HID Headlights. Any difference?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 07:53 PM
GTnAZ
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HID Headlights. Any difference?

ORIGINAL: The Great Cornholio

ORIGINAL: GTnAZ

first off projectors are total RICE! WRONG

second HID drop in kits are gay you will end up screwing up more things... WRONG

thrid all you have to do is retrofit real HID's into your headlight... WRONG

This is a BMW bi-xenon HID lens retrofitted in a headlight... and this is the way to go!! MAYBE, MAYBE NOT
fourth, your headlights look gay
those arent my headlights you jackass! its just pictures of some headlights with a retrofitted HID light in it... just so you get the point.
I know plenty of people who have used drop in HID kits and it ends up melting the housing b/c they burn a little bit hotter then a stock bulb and the housing isnt made for to HID bulb.
And they are the way to go b/c you cut out the stock housing and replace it with the CORRECT housing so things dont burn up, you also replace the wiring so you dont get a short or melt the wires.
and projector headlights are soo RICE...all these rice boys and their hondas have been running them for years.. its total rice!
Old 04-21-2006, 08:35 PM
The Great Cornholio
I ♥ Acer

It's a joke, jackazz, don't get it do you

HID bulbs do not run any "hotter" than stock halogens and melt housings; the only bulbs that do so are HID "lookalikes" that sell for $20-$25 and run at much higher wattages than stock. Same thing with wiring; a correctly made HID harness does not damage any of the stock wiring or the headlight switch. It draws power for the ballasts directly from the battery and only uses the stock system to operate a relay, and relays do not cause shorts or melt wires.

Too much mis-information gets thrown out about true HID setups; many people confuse them with the cheap lookalike versions, a.k.a. the "RICE" version as you put it so (j/k) originally.
Old 04-21-2006, 09:55 PM
ryno81

I've had my 6000k kit in for about 3 weeks now in the stock housing. I got McCulloch brand. [sm=smiley20.gif] No problems. Do not have high beams, but I can live with out them since it'd be about 2x much for the high/low kit. As i get more $ I might go to the projector kit too. And saying HID run hotter is bull **** cuz I did a lot of research b4 I go t mine and they actually run almost 2x cooler. Real HID kits are usually plug-n-play so it won't jack up your factory wires or anything.
Old 04-21-2006, 10:50 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

I have HIDS in my mustang and they work freakin great. They were plug and play, the hardest part was finding a spot to mount the ballasts. PLus now I get revenge on all those ****** that drive with their highbeams on. I don't have highbeams either and I was noticing on the plugs there are 2 wires going into 3 so I figured thats why there was no high beams. Which I don't need anyway.