4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Cobra Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 02:07 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra Bumper

ORIGINAL: Theorem1

ORIGINAL: DarkShadowGT03

Machwon has the 03 Cobra bumper on his Mach 1, might wanna look into that, but if it fits on a Mach I would think it would fit on a GT
I got the bumper first and had no prob. at all with the fit before I got the hood
so are you saying that it was a problem once you got the hoody?
Old 05-11-2006, 02:12 PM
ScorpiuS
2nd Gear Member

I think he said he got the bumper when he had the stock hood and it fit? Maybe, and then later he got the corba hood?
Old 05-11-2006, 03:34 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Car_Ramrod

Original: Stickshifty

o...and ducky...i searched around on steeda and couldnt locate the bumper on their site...maybe im just retarded though lol [:@]
its under mustang parts, graphics and styling, fascia and aero kits
Old 05-11-2006, 05:21 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DuckyGt

Original: Stickshifty

o...and ducky...i searched around on steeda and couldnt locate the bumper on their site...maybe im just retarded though lol [:@]
its under mustang parts, graphics and styling, fascia and aero kits
does that include the fogs and everything?
Old 05-11-2006, 07:20 PM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

no, i bought my fogs for like $60 bucks if i recall right.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:59 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

so what exactly does the one from Steeda include Ducky? does it come with the fog light brackets at least? the chin spoiler? the grille?

those of you who had no problem with the stock hood...did you install it yourself? and how much did those of you who already have the bumper pay to get it painted? is the 500ih figure accurate at most places?

and Scorpius...im not totally sure if im doing this anymore cuz i didnt realize it was going to cost so much. ill keep ya posted tho.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

Hey guys- just now saw this thread. I would highly recommend blueovalperformance's kit as that is who I went through with mine and it came quickly, with ALL necessay equipment for the install. Look here: https://mustangforums.com/m_1246253/tm.htm . That has all the pics I took for the upper pillar location as well as fog light connector adaptors. Let me know if you have any other ?s about it!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

hey machwon...i was reading through the link you put...you said u had the dealer install it? how much did they charge? and did you still have to readjust the screws after you got it back? did u get it painted at Ford too? im wondering if anyone will have any trouble matching sonic blue so i was thinking of going to Ford. i figured id ask cuz you have a pretty unique color too. thanks for your time.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:26 PM
Machwon
4th Gear Member

yeah I had the local ford dealership do the removal of the old one, painting, and installation of the new bumper. I readjusted the upper two screws because they just bolted it right up to the holes of the old one, but if you do that the hood and bumper will slightly rub. Its not very hard at all to drill the two new holes a bit farther back. The dealership charged a total of 200 for paint and labor which I thought was a pretty darn good deal. They also didn't bother with the fog lights which I did myself (pretty easy as well)! anyways good luck-you'll love the bumper!
Old 05-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

wow 200...that sounds like an amazing deal. i hafta talk this over with my dad...its not definite yet. thanks for all the info tho mach...it was very much appreciated!

Quick Reply: Cobra Bumper