4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Cobra Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Default Cobra Bumper

ok...so today my dad mentioned getting my front bumper repainted at some point over summer. the paint is messed up cuz the previous owner didnt take care of it and bugs that hit it messed it up over time. instead of repainting it i would much prefer to get an 03/04 Cobra front bumper. i just dont really wanna put money into a stock bumper. i tried looking into it and found it on blue oval and ebay...

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/pr...ealer=blueoval

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-04...64816362QQrdZ1

i have a couple of questions about this...will they be a direct fit? i thought i remembered reading somewhere that you need the 03/04 Cobra heat extractor hood. Can you fit it with a stock GT hood? i know i have seen some members do it...is it difficult? or did a shop do it for you with relative ease? also...if i got it from blue oval...about how much is it to have a bumper painted? probably my biggest question would be...do you think the ebay one is ok?? will be a direct fit to my stock hood and would it come with everything i need to fit it correctly and make it look correct? and do you think the paint will match?

sorry for all the questions and the long post, and thanks in advance for your responses, advice, and help.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:30 AM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra Bumper

i wouldn really trust that ebay one. you need all the parts... its not just the cover with the 03 cobra bumper. there is a chin spoiler grille fog bezels and fog lights. ive also hear that you have to mess aruond with somting to make it fit the stock gt hood but not sure on that but i know it will be fine with the extracter hood. i got my rear bumper quated at a place and they said 400-550 for paint. but some places charge you for some bogus stuff like installing the fog lights or taking off the old bumper and putting in the grille.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:48 AM
DarkShadowGT03
3rd Gear Member

Machwon has the 03 Cobra bumper on his Mach 1, might wanna look into that, but if it fits on a Mach I would think it would fit on a GT
Old 05-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

i knew at least one person had it on their car...i think it was machwon who i was thinking of, thanks. if he doesnt get to this post ill try pming him.

and yea...i was really skeptical about the ebay one...i figured id see what the people on the forums thought tho...and maybe i couldve gotten one hell of a deal.

so...like 500 for the bumper and 500 for install/paint?? crap...this may not happen afterall...thats a crap ton of money []
Old 05-11-2006, 01:26 AM
DuckyGt
3rd Gear Member

it will fit a GT pretty easy just have to play around with it. i had a shop install my cobra bumper and steeda cowl hood at the same time, they had a little trouble getting it to line up properly. it was just an awkard combo to fit together. steeda sells the cobra bumper as well if you need a place to buy it. steeda.com
Old 05-11-2006, 03:29 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

99, 01 Cobra bumper owns over the 03 04 cobra bumper.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

Original: Stickshifty

99, 01 Cobra bumper owns over the 03 04 cobra bumper.
the 99/01 is really nice...but IMO he 03/04 is the sexiest front bumper you can get on a new edge stang. either that or an entire saleen body kit...but then you lose your fog lights. so...03 Cobra bumper for the win.

o...and ducky...i searched around on steeda and couldnt locate the bumper on their site...maybe im just retarded though lol [:@]

i had the idea of buying one used to in the classified section and i havent looked in there yet for any ads...but is it safe to assume that they are extremely difficult to find?
Old 05-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Theorem1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DarkShadowGT03

Machwon has the 03 Cobra bumper on his Mach 1, might wanna look into that, but if it fits on a Mach I would think it would fit on a GT
I got the bumper first and had no prob. at all with the fit before I got the hood
Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

I think Saleen has the best looking bumper cover but without the whole package it looks kind of stupid. I too like the look of the cobra bumpers though.. I bought mine for $346 from ford garage. this didn't include the fog lights or fog light bezels.. The bezels are 15 a piece from ford and the lights are like 100 bucks. I seen the lights on blue oval for 55 a piece though.. i'll probably get mine there.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:25 PM
ScorpiuS
2nd Gear Member

I would like to grab one up too they are sexy. When u get the bumper let us know what u get quoted to paint it.

Quick Reply: Cobra Bumper