4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

glasspacks?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:32 AM
ajspellm
2nd Gear Member

Default glasspacks?

my friend is selling two 18" glasspacks, and i was just wondering if their is any type of a reducer so i could put them on my car? they are 3" in/out and i cant find a reducer that big. i am getting a good deal on the glasspacks so i would like to be able to buy them. i am buying them because i am tired of my stock exhaust and i just want something different, but cant really afford much. also how long is the muffler on my car? will a 18" glasspack even work?
thanks
Old 05-11-2006, 01:48 AM
Hoppers04Gt
4th Gear Member

Default RE: glasspacks?

I had glasspacks on mine before my longtubes. You will diff. tell a difference when you get them on. I dont know how long mine where but im pretty sure it wasnt longer than 18".

P.S. I think your sig should be a poster. I would buy one!
Old 05-11-2006, 02:34 AM
SXGT
5th Gear Member

i think your looking for a flange try a muffler shop
Old 05-11-2006, 02:42 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

I've never heard straight up glasspacks on a 4.6, I'm intrigued to hear it. Any shop that does a lot of exhaust work will be able to help you out. Be warned... glasspacks = high flow + loud muscle car sound, and you just may like um!

our impala has glasspacks... nice idle, nice cruise, when you hit it... it roars! Makes my flowmasters on the stang sound silent
Old 05-11-2006, 01:27 PM
ajspellm
2nd Gear Member

i just want my car to be loud. my friend has a f150 and he just put long tube headers on it and we cruised around with open headers. that was really loud. he has the glasspacks on his truck now but his flowmaster mufflers are coming. i kind of just want to try the muffler on my car to see what it sounds like. if i dont like it i will just put the factory stuff back on.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:31 PM
Sebski
2nd Gear Member

well if u want ur car loud, go the proper way man... full exhaust from headers to mids to exhaust. Slp is the loudest out there but pricey but there other ways of gettin alot of raw sound
Old 05-11-2006, 01:38 PM
Quicktime_GT
5th Gear Member

What's the difference between SLP loudmouths and a straight up advance auto parts cherry bomb glass back. They are both straight through... they both use fiberglass around the edge to dampen the sound...

My friend put SLP on his SS and i told him he was just buying 500 dollar glass packs.. haha
Old 05-12-2006, 01:01 AM
ajspellm
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: apc fo life

What's the difference between SLP loudmouths and a straight up advance auto parts cherry bomb glass back. They are both straight through... they both use fiberglass around the edge to dampen the sound...

My friend put SLP on his SS and i told him he was just buying 500 dollar glass packs.. haha

i was kind of thinking the same thing. wouldnt glasspacks sound really similar to a slp set up?
Old 05-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

SLP does not use any sound baffling matterial on the interior of the bullet mufflers on the Loudmouth 1 setup. It's completely hollow and sounds MUCH better than glasspacks.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:09 AM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

glasspacks may give you a good rumble and will be very cheap if you just want loud, and when you go WOT they are just as good as straight pipes with a bit more refined sound

Quick Reply: glasspacks?