4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Saleen Body Kits?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
Rpvsurfer
1st Gear Member

Default Saleen Body Kits?????

Right now im looking for some advice on saleen body kits, what are some reliable places online to get them, or should i get it through a shop, I dunno im looking for just some info and insight and possilbly some prices.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:57 PM
Rpvsurfer
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Saleen Body Kits?????

im talking about the 1999-2004 kits
Old 05-11-2006, 07:59 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

if you look to the right, you will see Haney under the featured vendors, that is a start and a number to shop with. 1100-1400. Use the search feature young grasshopper.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:07 PM
Mark99GT
4th Gear Member

well, I bought mine from mustangs unlimited in manchester ct, it was like 1400. It was the real urethane saleen kit. When I got it home, one of the side skirts was bent, and had to be heated and reshaped.

The material as also extremely thick. the shop that put it on did an ok job but the side skirts dont fit all that well. Theyre starting to hang lower now, im kinda pissed about that. I didnt have the rear bumper cover put on because the material was so thick it would have needed to be shaved down. It also would have to have been shaped with heat. I was looking at over a grand just for the rear bumper installation/paint.

Looking back, the money could have been spent on something else. Id think hard about it before you blow the cash. The whole kit and the front cover and side skirts installed with paint cost me about 3 grand. I still have the rear bumper cover and wing sitting in my garage...

From what I hear, fiberglass is hard to work with. If youre looking for the authentic kit, its gonna cost ya. Itll also be urethane not fiberglass.
Old 05-11-2006, 08:41 PM
Rpvsurfer
1st Gear Member

would anyone like to comment on fiberglass, is it that bad, can you really tell the difference
Old 05-11-2006, 08:59 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

would anyone like to comment on fiberglass, is it that bad, can you really tell the difference
Do not, I repeat do NOT get a fiberglass body kit. Not only can you tell the crappy difference, but when it gets real cold out, fiberglass bodies have been known to crack. THats when its cold out, forget it if you accidently hit something.

Spend the extra money.
Old 05-12-2006, 01:43 AM
Rpvsurfer
1st Gear Member

any more opinions
Old 05-12-2006, 03:16 AM
Rpvsurfer
1st Gear Member

anyone???
Old 05-12-2006, 03:21 AM
irongoat56
1st Gear Member

i havnt has an personal experiance with fiber glass but i hear HORRIBLE things about it , like that they crack easy and break ...........i thought it was hard to belive untill some dude around my school put a fiber glass kit on his honda , within a month the pint had chiped and there was a crack striaght down the middle of the front bumber , and the back bumper was starting to crack.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:26 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

get urethane.
get it from saleen
its about the same from saleen or anyone else, so get it from saleen themselves, I believe they have a deal going where you get the decals and S281 wing free with the ground effects kit.

http://www.saleen.com

look for the products link on the page somewhere

Quick Reply: Saleen Body Kits?????