4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Would it be possible to buy a 02 GT

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 03:23 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Would it be possible to buy a 02 GT

If he is financing the vehicle, he needs to be able to pay for the car AND insurance. Plus he's going to want money for extra crap like any other college student. If his car payments are $250 and his insurance is $150(figuring LOW on both) he's going to need AT LEAST $400/month plus gas for the vehicle alone. On top of that, he's going to need to be able to work enough hours consistently to pay for these luxuries.

And as I said, his reply to me asking if he was going to be able to pay for the car was completely irrelevant because he didn't answer the question at all.

Seriously, here is the question in simple form:

Q. Are you going to be able to find a job and work consistently enough while going to college to pay for your car, insurance, and gas?

A. Well, my parents are paying for college.

Did I get my facts straight? I swear this forum is just infested with kids that are looking for arguments. All I'm doing is trying to help him like anyone else, god forbid anyone actually be realistic in this place. Should I just be like everyone else and tell him not to bother with the GT and get the Cobra or he'll regret it later? Relax.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:33 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

If he is financing the vehicle, he needs to be able to pay for the car AND insurance. Plus he's going to want money for extra crap like any other college student. If his car payments are $250 and his insurance is $150(figuring LOW on both) he's going to need AT LEAST $400/month plus gas for the vehicle alone. On top of that, he's going to need to be able to work enough hours consistently to pay for these luxuries.

And as I said, his reply to me asking if he was going to be able to pay for the car was completely irrelevant because he didn't answer the question at all.

Seriously, here is the question in simple form:

Q. Are you going to be able to find a job and work consistently enough while going to college to pay for your car, insurance, and gas?

A. Well, my parents are paying for college.

Did I get my facts straight? I swear this forum is just infested with kids that are looking for arguments. All I'm doing is trying to help him like anyone else, god forbid anyone actually be realistic in this place. Should I just be like everyone else and tell him not to bother with the GT and get the Cobra or he'll regret it later? Relax.
I asked him if hes going to be able to pay for the car while still in college, and he replies by saying his parents are going to pay for it. I would assume he meant the car. otherwise he made no sense whatsoever.
all i said was that he meant college and you said his parents were gonna pay for the car. then i corrected you and then you said...
It would be much easier if people would learn to understand simple English and read properly...
soo i guess you need to understand what you wrote.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

I made an assumption because his post wasn't clear and his answer had no relevancy to the question that was asked.

You want to keep arguing about this in PM, or should I draw this conversation our for you in crayon and explain it to you step by step?

Thanks for joining the ranks of the kids in this forum hellbent on aruging over every last thing, and thanks again for bringing me down to your level. Damn I must be bored, so I guess that's enough. Thanks champ.

Old 05-14-2006, 03:45 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Quickshift_02GT

I made an assumption because his post wasn't clear and his answer had no relevancy to the question that was asked.

You want to keep arguing about this in PM, or should I draw this conversation our for you in crayon and explain it to you step by step?

Thanks for joining the ranks of the kids in this forum hellbent on aruging over every last thing, and thanks again for bringing me down to your level. Damn I must be bored, so I guess that's enough. Thanks champ.

yea no problem bud. you sound like the imature one hear anyways. its all good. arguing over the internet is like the special olympics, even if you win your still retarted.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:15 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Sometimes, having bad credit is better than no credit. You could of had a bad month or two but have a solid 6+ months of timely payments and they would still probably give you the loan, not the best interest rate but atleast you'd still get financed.

Here is something easy to do, apply for a credit card. For people with no credit history, they usually make you put up $200 upfront. You'll get a 200 or 300 dollar limit at first. Buy some stuff you've wanted for a while, pay it in full before 30 days or pay 50% of it. Do this for a couple months and you'll have a decent track record, you won't have a high score but if they are willing to look past your credit score, it can really help.

Unless you have atleast a 10% down payment with no credit, they will most likely ask for a co-signer with atleast a 700 score credit....

I got 2 credit cards at 16 years old, used them to pay for my gas and by the time I turned 18 I financed an 18k car with no co-signer and 2 years later I was able to finance a Cobra with no co-signer. [8D]
Old 05-14-2006, 04:35 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

I am 19. My parents co-signed for me. My payment is only 241.50 a month. I also make about 2 grand a month. I live on my own so Im not on my parents insurance anymore and with one ticket and one accident (from the same incident) I pay 1600 every six months. Mine is a 2000 GT bought privately no sales tax for 12000 it has 52000 on it runs like brand new driven by an old lady.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:09 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I finananced several cars in 6 months... a $13,000 v6 with $800 down, $242/mo. A 1995 GT Vert, $3,000 down $100/month payments (total cost, $6,000). A 2000 GT I bought straight up. And traded for my 2003 Mach 1. I had a credit score around 480 (sucks) and had 0 cash down (the trade counted for about $1100) and pay a whopping $471.82/mo w/o a cosigner. I only pay $127/mo insurance, 2 cars, 2 drivers, 3 tickets (2 over 15mph and 1 no license) and a nonfault accident. (Second car is my wife's taurus). Shop around for insurance before you buy. Oh and stay away from Geico :P
Old 05-14-2006, 07:07 PM
282GT308LX
1st Gear Member

Must be nice to have mommy and daddy pay for stuff.....anyway with a co-signer you dont need any money down if you dont want on a used car.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:25 PM
2002metalmuscle

You wont be able to get financing for the car but if your parents co-sign then yes. I tried when i was 18 and they didnt give me credit enough, its not that your credit is bad at 18 but you just need to establish more. I am 22 so i know. Good luck though
Old 05-15-2006, 05:47 AM
rivers2gates

Hey, sorry about the confusion. listen up man ill tell ya one time. check out my post that says my parents are going to pay for it! then look at the previous post its you saying " what about college?" i answered your question learn how to read.

Quick Reply: Would it be possible to buy a 02 GT