4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Damaged the stang

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 10:56 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Default Damaged the stang

Well, Peroformance mods are going on hold, Some lady backed up as I was pulling out of a Walmart parking lot and I hit their rear end with my right front fender. Took a nice chunk out of my hood and bent my fender (which was allready damaged from a previous hit) and scratch the hell out of my lens... I figure an ***load to get it all repalced and repainted. *sighs* So much for my supercharger fund :-/
Old 05-17-2006, 10:57 PM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Damaged the stang

man that sucks but ur insurance should cover some of it.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:59 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

If it was her fault, it shouldn`t cost you anything to get it fixed. So why would that affect your performance mods? [&:]
Old 05-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Quickshift_02GT
4th Gear Member

It's REALLY hard to prove what happened in a parking lot...

I hope your insurance can cover it, but I know how difficult things can get when it's in a parking lot unless there are witnesses.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:03 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

my insurance is lapsed for a period of 36 hours.. had to happen right now, i mean sheesh
Old 05-17-2006, 11:05 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Where can I find replacement OEM hoods? Ill take a pic in the morning, maybe it can be fixed, but I doubt it. So far I see the fender is $115 + paint from 50resto.com but they dont have mach 1 hoods..... RH head light is $89.95....
Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 PM
demon_head
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that man, Wal Mart parking lots suck so bad...i'm always constantly looking around and making sure i don't hit someone backing up, or some someone flying through the parking lot doesnt hit me. Hope ya get it fixed w/ no problems.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:25 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Took these, kinda dark but you can see the damage. Think that hood can be fixed? At least till I can afford a new one? I'm going to bend the front of the fender back myself tomorrow (to allow the light to reseal to the car) and I acn deal with it for now.... (Keep in mind, in June I am deploying for 6 months :-/

Old 05-17-2006, 11:27 PM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

I dont have photoediting knowledge, sorry about the size :-/
Old 05-18-2006, 12:04 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dlazrael

my insurance is lapsed for a period of 36 hours.. had to happen right now, i mean sheesh
That happened to me back in 95. I was driving home one Sunday night a Little fast. I went to change lanes and clipped an S-10 pretty good in the left rear [:@]. She went into the ditch and I kept driving to a stop. Anyway that was the year it was so hot everyone's air conditioning was cranked and the power kept going out. I called my insurance co. to renew the Friday before and the girl said they had no power and to call back but when I called back they were closed so I had no insurance that weekend. Took me 5 years to pay off that damn screw up and that's not including my car's damage. Total cost with both cars - $13,500. I think the S-10 was totaled but I can't really remember. Sometimes schit happens at the worst time. At last you weren't going 60 mph like I was.

Quick Reply: Damaged the stang