4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I just got really lucky...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 12:37 AM
hdawg06
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I just got really lucky...

ORIGINAL: Sebski

im prolly alot younger, but from what i know about investments if you dont go big go home.. 15k wont get you very far in the market these days IMO
Obviously you have never invested in an IRA, CD, or mutual funds. Damn, its going to suck when people like you become 60 and have no money, living social security check to check.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:39 AM
03 GT
2nd Gear Member

GT500?

Pulley/Catback swap and 600 HP
Old 05-26-2006, 01:12 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dlazrael

My wife just won $700,000... and she's gonna let me do whatever I want to my car. Yes, thats not a typo. $700,000! Most of that will be spent buying a house, but I plan on dumping something around $15,000 into my mach1. Some things I want to consider...

What risks will I take boring out my motor, and stroking it to 302 CID AND supercharging it? I'm allready gonna get some lower c/r pistons, Im looking between 9.1:1 and 9.5:1 to allow somewhere near 20 psi. (Procharger F1A kit with 4" race pulley... or maybe something a little bit milder)

Also, Does anyone know what saftey mods I'll need for NMRA/NHRA circuts running an ET below 11.49? Or maybe where I can get a copy of the rules/regs online?

Lastly, I was thinking of an all steeda suspension, but Im open to ideas..

Set in stone are this:
VT Engines Comp custom grind cams
VT Engines port/polish job
VT Engines Forged rotating Assy (incl a main support system)
Tremec T56 Viper spec tranny, bellhousing to rear end.
17x10.5 Black Bullitts with MT 315/40/17 D/Rs

Suggested parts are:
Steeda Gtrac suspension, stage 1-3
ATI Procharger P-D1-SC (or F1A)
Steeda power pipe, adapted to the Procharger
JBA Cat4ward headers
Eaton Posilok diff
31 spline Mosers
Some various billet interior upgrades
Possible change the front fascia, though I might stay stock to betray the sneakiness.

Oh and if you're gonna write "send me the money" dont bother posting, sorry to sound like an a**, but I know someone will say it.

(Yea, we're gonna get a 07 Shelby GT 500 as well, but Im gonna keep that thing stock and use it for car shows:P)
With nearly unlimited funds like this you are a fool to go with a supercharger.

Call hellion and make 800+ at the wheels on a streetable setup.

You don't even need to build the motor as much as you are thinking. MM&FF did a nearly bone stock 03 test with just hte hellion kit and it made I think over 800 WHP.

4V + turbo + boltons = teh win!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:16 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ghoste

..or buy a z06 & GT 500 -- best of both worlds.

sell the mach 1.
DO NOT SELL THE MACH
it will be worth a lot one day considering they only made like 20,000 of them.

Old 05-26-2006, 01:31 AM
dlazrael
5th Gear Member

Trust me, the mach 1 is going nowhere. except my garage im gonna build :P I would go turbo, but you loose so much sound... sound is important to me as much as power. i see a stang and i want to hear it, not some blowoff vavle. Yes I know the twin turbo is an insane amount of power, but the s/c should be enough for me :P
Old 05-26-2006, 01:39 AM
rbstang
6th Gear Member

with supercharger you loose sound too. sounds like your belts are broken,
Old 05-26-2006, 02:12 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

put it all on red.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:26 AM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

Some sweepstakes thing, I saw the check and I was like. WOW. I didnt believe it, but its being processed now. Oh, and I am getting a cobra. 2003 Black SVT with some mods (435 rwhp, 410 rwtq, dynojet) with 45,000 miles for $20,800. (Personal friend) That will be my DD car :P The mach is gonna be evil :P And we plan on investing 99% of it. We arent buying the house for about 5 more years (Its her grandfathers house, we're gonna buy out the mortage). So we're paying off all the debt we have now, I get some green to play around with, and the rest is going into mutual funds and CDs. We're also gonna hire a financial planner so we don't blow through all the cash in a year. As well as setting up college fund for my kid... We got it all planned :P

Oh and if you read about it, after taxes and such, we'll be investing around 450,000. Is that "go big or go home" enough :P
so your wife just won the dough and you already have all this planned out? either this is a load of ****e or you guys are quick thinkers. Yes buying 2 car and fixing another, which will be easily 100k, plus you are gonna hafta kick 38% to uncles sam, so that leaves you about 365 after that, then the mortgage for how much, then cds and mutual funds (good idea btw) and a college fund. Just do all the right things first and what do you think your financial planner is going to say to the 3 cars? good luck, wish i had that problem to figger out.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:29 AM
Voodoo
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dan

put it all on red.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Talk your wife into buying a Ford GT for you.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:58 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Trust me, the mach 1 is going nowhere. except my garage im gonna build :P I would go turbo, but you loose so much sound... sound is important to me as much as power. i see a stang and i want to hear it, not some blowoff vavle. Yes I know the twin turbo is an insane amount of power, but the s/c should be enough for me :P
Have you heard any turbo cars in person? There simply is nothign like that hiss/whoosh sound.

Fk the sound anyway. You really should go pick up the issue of MM&FF where they did the hellion install, and look at the way they descibed the first test run. If your impressing guys that drive 10 second foxes to work everyday, you must be getting something done.

T
U
R
B
O

Or nothing!

Quick Reply: I just got really lucky...