4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

My Day of SHAME....

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:35 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Default My Day of SHAME....

Well today I was visting family. My dad just bought one of those new Mercedise E320 something class turbo desiel cars. He said that he gets over 400 tourqe and still only fills the tank up every 3 weeks. So me being me I began to shoot a full round of sh*t at how much bull that was and that my lightly bolt on gt would put a wooping on that. We did about almost a half mile of road and he pulled 2 cars by the time he got tired of seeing me in the rear view mirror. And to even further my shame, he wopped my butt in a make shift circut track. I don't know what kinda system those cars have but his handeling was amazing!

So now after I was publicly humiliated by my dad... His friend comes along with a Audi A8. I said ok, there is no way. This little *bleep*-er had me in the rear view mirror before I hit 70. GRRRRRR!

So now after I thought it couldn't get any worse.... Here comes mom........ In her BMW M3....... Lets just say..... I was about to kick Cheryl (My GT) in the crub for letting me down.

Anyone else been publicly humiliated by a bunch of European Imports? Prob not as bad as me because it was all infront of family. And I talk soo highly of my car.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:39 PM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

Default RE: My Day of SHAME....

What the hell dude! Go get some steeper gears!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:39 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

That really sucks ***. [sm=imsorry.gif]
Old 05-25-2006, 10:40 PM
01stangt
2nd Gear Member

haha, that sucks man.....oh well...they prolly paid a CRAPLOAD more for their cars then u did...put some gears on that'll help... put on a blower after u do couple more mods haha...then go again!!
Old 05-25-2006, 10:43 PM
nitestalker
2nd Gear Member

due that sucks, my dads chopper ALMOST bet me
Old 05-25-2006, 10:44 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

Yea.... I have a set of 3.73s but it always slips my mind that I even have them. I'm soo caught up in school and work that by the time the weekend hits and I'm debating weither is going to the clubs or going to the track, they are still sitting on my sofa... doing nothing. Grrrrrr. But even with gears..... My car is never going to handel the corners like that Audi.... Good GOD! That thing will take on the toughest corners, and come out of it with grace. Me I am slipping slidding, and praying just to see if I can tackle that same corner at half that speed that the Audi did it in.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:46 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: mylongvictor

Yea.... I have a set of 3.73s but it always slips my mind that I even have them. I'm soo caught up in school and work that by the time the weekend hits and I'm debating weither is going to the clubs or going to the track, they are still sitting on my sofa... doing nothing. Grrrrrr. But even with gears..... My car is never going to handel the corners like that Audi.... Good GOD! That thing will take on the toughest corners, and come out of it with grace. Me I am slipping slidding, and praying just to see if I can tackle that same corner at half that speed that the Audi did it in.
Lower your car. That will help bigtime and get those gears in there.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:47 PM
so1o2k3
4th Gear Member

It's time to upgrade the suspension my friend. Get a mild lowering kit to help around corners, and some nice upper/lower control arms (Granatelli Motor Sports is pretty good) should help your launches a little bit.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:52 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

what do each of these cars run? the A8s arent that fast are they? maybe he needs to practice some shifts (or maybe hes auto.... hang on, im gonna read his post again to check if its there...)
Old 05-25-2006, 10:58 PM
mylongvictor
5th Gear Member

How much is one of those suspension packages, and wont lower springs be enough? I'm not about to have a whole bunch of bars and steel going all up in inside of my ride. Not atractive to me.

Quick Reply: My Day of SHAME....