4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New pictures and blower update

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 08:42 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

Default New pictures and blower update

Man so the surging idle and sputtering I had was just a small leak at my header to midpipe. SO I swapped out the gasket and problem solved. That was litteraly a 2 week battle over a stupid gasket...sigh. Anyway, now I can FINALLY get the damn thing on a dyno, which will be a good test seeing how the dyno is almost 2 hours away. I washed the car today and took a few pictures, the engine bay needs some massive cleaning and I gotta put the strut tower brace and stuff back in. And the wheels need some polishing, other than that things are looking better...I was getting real frustrated with the sputtering and all that but its all good now.

Old 05-28-2006, 08:45 PM
rivers2gates

Default RE: New pictures and blower update

looks great man. where in montana do you live i livere here too
David_K
5th Gear Member

lowering springs
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

I like the lower decals. Pretty sweet
Old 05-28-2006, 08:48 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: David_K

lowering springs
ive had them for a year now. i wish people would quit reminding me cause i really wanna put them in but i have way too much else to do first. but yeah the billstein shocks and springs, mm cc plates, and granatelli c/a is what i got to put in. oh and i live in nh, not montana rivers.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:22 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang_montana

ORIGINAL: David_K

lowering springs
ive had them for a year now. i wish people would quit reminding me cause i really wanna put them in but i have way too much else to do first. but yeah the billstein shocks and springs, mm cc plates, and granatelli c/a is what i got to put in. oh and i live in nh, not montana rivers.
PUT THEM IN!!!!
Old 05-28-2006, 09:36 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

after the blower is 100% done. meaning i gotta get the dyno tune, then im gonna switch to an 8 rib pulley setup cause i get occasional belt slip, then i got about ten thousand loose ends to tie up like bolting down the battery case in the trunk and rerouting a bunch of other things. then when all thats done i got a clutch quadrant/firewall adjuster to install, then i got gears that ive had since i bought the car, then i need new tires and then maybe...just maybe ill have time to get the suspension done. its at the bottom of my list, i really have no dire need to get it done seeing how i wont be racing this year.
Old 05-28-2006, 09:38 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

I understand completely man, I'd rather have the blower on there than the springs.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Zoie_daGT
5th Gear Member

very nice. You should see some real nice numbers on the dyno.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:55 PM
rw98
2nd Gear Member

hey, nice ride what type of blower is in there (nniiccee). you answered my question yesterday about my vacume line could you take some pictures of what you did with yours. i see the lines that you are talking about ,but i don't know if the tee will slide into the hard plastic lines (do they) or is there a rubber line somewhere that i don't see. whether you answer or not make sure that you post the dyno results i'm sure that we all waunt to see what she putts out.

Quick Reply: New pictures and blower update