4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Yes Yes i need more help

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 06:38 PM
02KBGT
1st Gear Member

Default Yes Yes i need more help

I kno i have been asking a lot of questions lately but..well..i am in need! ...I NEED IT MAN!! CMON MAN!! JUST ONE MORE!! lol...ok ok back to the post..

My car has a kennel bell setup..a guy i kno checked the serial number and says it really is a 2.4 on my GT...i dunno if this is possible or w.e...it has the cooling kit..upgraded fuel everything lol..60lb injectors bla bla

im wondering if ppl would normally do all of that before building the bottom end/motor before the boost...im scared to up the boost without making sure but i dont wanna pay to get my motor taken apart...a friend told me i can dyno the car and depending on how it looks you can know if the bottom end has been built and what not..

do you guys think someone would put 8+ grand into the top of the motor without building everything else right?...i kno the only sure way to find out is to take it apart but i wanna kno if its not wise to do it without the bottom end and internals being strengthened or w/e

thanks =)
Old 06-17-2006, 07:32 PM
Triisomy21
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Yes Yes i need more help

A 2.2 wont even fit under the stock hood, let alone a 2.4. What kind of hood do you have?
Old 06-17-2006, 08:25 PM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02KBGT

I kno i have been asking a lot of questions lately but..well..i am in need! ...I NEED IT MAN!! CMON MAN!! JUST ONE MORE!! lol...ok ok back to the post..

My car has a kennel bell setup..a guy i kno checked the serial number and says it really is a 2.4 on my GT...i dunno if this is possible or w.e...it has the cooling kit..upgraded fuel everything lol..60lb injectors bla bla

im wondering if ppl would normally do all of that before building the bottom end/motor before the boost...im scared to up the boost without making sure but i dont wanna pay to get my motor taken apart...a friend told me i can dyno the car and depending on how it looks you can know if the bottom end has been built and what not..

do you guys think someone would put 8+ grand into the top of the motor without building everything else right?...i kno the only sure way to find out is to take it apart but i wanna kno if its not wise to do it without the bottom end and internals being strengthened or w/e

thanks =)
KB doesn't make a 2.4 for the 4.6 2v. They do make a 2.4 for the 4.6 4v cobra but there is no way it will bolt on your GT. You either have the 1.7 or the 2.2. If you have the 2.2 you do not have the stock hood due to clearance problems. How do you know it has 60lb injectors? If the guy who told you you had a 2.4 told you you had 60lb injectors, well, whatever. Upgraded fuel? What is upgraded about your fuel system. Boost-a-pump? Cobra tank and pumps?

Anyhow, you can run boost on a stock bottom end up to a point. I run 11psi with no problems,,,,,yet. When it lets go, well, I'll deal with it then. If you stick to 9 psi on the stock internals you should be o.k.

It is completely plausible that someone would spend a lot of money on the top end without putting something into the bottom. Heck, I did it.

No, you can not tell on a dyno if you have fordged internals. Poppy **** on that.

JMO
Old 06-17-2006, 08:33 PM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

thought u said u needed a man or smth,... i read wrong :/.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:26 PM
02KBGT
1st Gear Member

alright then that clears it up..i have the stock hood so it has to be a 1.7...and i have no idea what my "upgraded fuel everything" is..lol i typed what the guy told me...and yea he also told me their 60lb injectors..whats a poppy ****? lol.. umm but yea i am starting to get frustrated with not knowing what my car has and gettin wrong info from my friend...

so this is how its gonna go:

1. ill stop asking the dude about my car..
2. ill take it to my mechanic so he can strip it down and check what it has..sound good?
3. i gotta get a better job lol..i have a feeling this is gonna cost me.

and no i dont need a man lol..but i do need someone who knows about mustangs to properly gimme some info!

anyone know of any good shops in the miami area where i can take my car?
Old 06-17-2006, 10:29 PM
dsg04gt
3rd Gear Member

Titan Motorsports....?
Old 06-17-2006, 11:07 PM
02KBGT
1st Gear Member

directions lol?

also how do i post pics..?