4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

how to make a GT fast enough to kick the pants of a new LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 10:20 PM
Deleted User
I ♥ Acer

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-04-2004, 02:59 AM
Sidewayz6.0
Super Moderator

Default RE: how to make a GT fast enough to kick the pants of a new LS1

You keep reading your books, I'll keep racing my cars.

I never claimed to be an expert, but I've had my share of fast cars, and a couple with nitrous...I'd like to think I have a pretty good idea of how not to blow it up. Since I haven't blown one up yet.

Since I can't possibly know what I'm talking about, explain to me how to keep the gas from puddling inside the intake? On a 2V GT, the lower plenum is plastic. Think that might be a problem for that car? Look back at my post the other day about the Cobra at the track that blew the intake OFF the car and buckled the hood. If he was spraying it dry would that have happened?

Whats the worst thats going to happen spraying it dry? Uh...It's more efficent, you'll make more power, the risk of an explosion is way less? If for some reason there were a computer error that made the car run lean, within a a hundreth of a second, it will get a code and supply more fuel.

If I am wrong, I would sit and listen to why and how I am mistaken all day long. I love to learn about **** I don't have all the answers to.

You come on here and people kiss your ***, and believe everything you say because you actually have a fast car. Faster then most of these dreamers will ever have. Thats fine. But is it possible that you don't have ALL the answers?
Old 05-04-2004, 03:05 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mysticsvtcobra96

a good used trans am ws6 runs what..around $20,000? if i had that much money in my cobra i would prob be running 9s or 10s in a 1/4 flicking a bird to every camaro and firebird i passed on the way
How much did you pay? A mystic cobra is gotta be worth at least 15k or so, unless it has a ton of miles. Please explain how you plan to be running this car in the 9s with 5k, unless I am way off your sticker price.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:21 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: mysticsvtcobra96

a good used trans am ws6 runs what..around $20,000? if i had that much money in my cobra i would prob be running 9s or 10s in a 1/4 flicking a bird to every camaro and firebird i passed on the way
How much did you pay? A mystic cobra is gotta be worth at least 15k or so, unless it has a ton of miles. Please explain how you plan to be running this car in the 9s with 5k, unless I am way off your sticker price.
If I'm not mistaken a mystic Cobra will cost damn near what a used T/A costs...and btw I've seen some pretty nice used LS1 T/A's for a lot less than $20,000. Don't be bitter because an LS1 car is fully able to stomp your snake. If it bothers you to be slower than a T/A, well you should have bought one instead of your Cobra.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Natex
2nd Gear Member

You can get a '98-'01 LS-1 for way under 20G's. Course that's up here in NY where you can't drive them half the year.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Stinger
4th Gear Member

Well i dont know everything but what i do know is the 98 z28 up to the 2002 Trans am /SS are the same motor with same HP they are all underrated for sale purposes minor differnce in the cars . My buddy and i are putting his 2002 Ws6 back together he broke some rod bearings at the track few weeks ago. He had stock exhaust with 150 shot and ran 11.6 all night. car runs 12.9 stock with Nittos .He did have a lid but he sold it. So yea you can go read where GM says a SS produces more HP then a Z28 but it doesnt. Gears might be a little differnt but motor HP is the same. Go to a LS1 site youll see what im talking about. Hands down LS1 are very fast . But you gotta think about it you own a 4.6 /281 to a 350 . And the best 350 they have ever built. Only stock Mustang that runs with these cars is the 03 Cobra from factory fellas. But you know what in one night we killed a motorcycle a 03 Cobra and a Mach1 . With a slipping stage 3 clutch. We was in the juice also a 100 shot. If you need proof you can see his dyno numbers if need be here they are 328 rwhp /345 rwtq this is stock. Then on the juice 485 Rwhp and 601 RwTq. The tq is what broke the motor and clutches . he sold the juice and now has a 9psi ati SC with dual coolers getting new cam /pistons/crank and has full headers and exhaust with cutout exhaust. This car is gonna be a beast he has spent 10k into it oh did i mention a new rear end with 4.11 . Well have her fixed with in 2 weeks gonna get her up to Bowling green to have it tuned for the ATI. Ill try and take video and post it. Here is the link his name is spdmn75 and its under LS1 Nitrous .about 4 pages back im gonna leave a link if you wanna look topic is 150 shot killed my spec 3 clutch.http://www.ls1.com/forums/index.html Anyways it would take serious mustang to beat those numbers and for the price it almost made me a chevy guy..LOL ..NOT im a ford guy but those cars are mean and i dont take anything away from them. But For GT mustang to beat cars like that you gonna need to stroke the motor . LOL good luck sorry for such sloppy typing but im sleepy and cant see hehehe .
Old 05-05-2004, 01:25 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Nah, you don't need to stroke a 4.6 to beat an LS1. Actually a stroker kit for a 4.6 is extremely NOT cost-effective at all, given that they run about $3,000 for a kit, and for that kinda money you can get a blower or spend a little more for a turbo and get much better numbers than a stroker kit. A twin turbo kit on a 4.6 can make 600-800 rwhp easy provided your bottom end is stout enough to handle it. It costs more money, but that's what you gotta do with a smaller engine. It can be done with 281 cubes though.
Old 05-06-2004, 03:52 AM
ginerpoker

yea i am convinced i have to sell the stang, its time to upgrade anyway. I'll Pm you jonny once i get the beast. It should be within a month. i have been looking hard the past few days. I'm looking to get either a 00 or 01, i haven't been able to find a 02 thats reasonably priced