4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Y are u guys racing daily drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 01:55 AM
firstonraceday96
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Y are u guys racing daily drivers?

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

i love em cuz u cant get a better car for the money a mustang is the best performace per dollar out there.

Actually there is a number of other cars that are a hell of a lot cheaper to make fast... EX: I used to own a 91 Talon TSI AWD Turbo put a boost controller, 255 walboro fuel pump and injectors and I touched high 12s for about 350 bucks...
Old 06-30-2006, 02:06 AM
myk
2nd Gear Member

The bottom line is money, or the lack of. Modding 1 car and giving it double duty will always be cheaper than buying 2 and, let's face it, who would be able to resist trying to 'mod both? I've fallen into that trap myself, as having 3 cars leaves me with barely enough money to maintain, let alone modify...
Old 06-30-2006, 02:46 AM
Rusmisel01GT
5th Gear Member

Because when someone with an LS-1 talks **** you gotta make him look bad!
Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 AM
meebix
4th Gear Member

Because when someone with an LS-1 talks **** you gotta make him look bad!
Funny you say that because now even though I am an LS1 guy, its funny because I still snicker and mumble to myself when I see those Z28's cruise by, haha.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Miliock
3rd Gear Member

Not that I take mine to the track, but I went to the extent where I gave a guy a downpayment for a beater civic to drive to and from work. Then I realized how much I would miss driving the stang everyday (except in the snow of course, but I have the wifes suv for that now). The difference in gas $$ is about the same as what it would cost to put a second car on the road so I said forget it. I'll run the stang till the engine wants no more then I'll buy a DD and redo everything on the stang to make it a street/track car
Old 06-30-2006, 01:32 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Everyone has a budget. Some people can only afford one vehicle...
Old 06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
2VNA
4th Gear Member

my 00GT is only driven in the summer and I have two other cars and the mustang has not seen the track yet just dyno along time ago. she will be looking at the track very soon. I am hoping to beat code3's times. LOL yeah righ.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:13 PM
ASUSMC
4th Gear Member

Mine has seen the track 3 times. Nothing has broken on it at the track at all. However off of the track driving normally, not hard at all, I managed to mess up the trans with 55,000 miles on it. Either a synchro or a shift fork cause 4th will not stay in and will grind consistantly. I don't get it I just may buy a rebuilt one online depending on how much it would cost to replace.

When it broke I was doing 45 shifting from 3rd to 4th.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:25 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

Everyone has a budget. Some people can only afford one vehicle...
That's what I was going to say. I might add or only WANT one vehicle (two if you count my wife's) Personally, I have better things to spend my money on than a track only car. I like to be able to come home, watch a movie on a 70" screen in total surround sound, hang out poolside with the waterfall in the back ground and hit a family vacation on a cruise whenever I want...and not be in debt up to my eyeballs....

I'm not baggin on anyone but my observation has been that some people have no business dumping all their money into a car and then turning around and complaining that they can't afford something....DUH! If you have the money to blow that's great, but don't bitch you're broke and live in a friggin apartment yet dump all your spare money into your car.

Sorry, don't mean to rant but people's logic really puzzles me sometimes.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:29 PM
03sonicgt
5th Gear Member

$$$$$$$

Quick Reply: Y are u guys racing daily drivers?