4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

[Deleted]

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 04:07 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: K&N air intake

if you do them both at the same time you will feel a noticable difference. Not like S/C difference but you will know they're there.
Old 05-17-2004, 11:26 PM
ofourcobra

MY BUDDIE HAD HIS DYNOED ,,AND HE GOT 26 HORSE FROM HIS KIT,,IT DID ,,BUT WHAT SOME PEOPLE DONT REALIZE IS THAT THEY WOULD NEVER GET THOSE GAINS ON A GT ,,SUPER CHARGED ENGINES LOVE AIR
Old 05-17-2004, 11:59 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Are you NUTS??!! Any 4.6 loves air. Thats the prime mixture in combustion!!! Go back to school and learn something guy! The more air you give a car with the right mixture of gas and it will always and at anytime run better!!![:@]
Old 05-18-2004, 01:20 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

Are you NUTS??!! Any 4.6 loves air. Thats the prime mixture in combustion!!! Go back to school and learn something guy! The more air you give a car with the right mixture of gas and it will always and at anytime run better!!![:@]
Damn calm down jdaniel. I agree with you any 4.6 loves air and needs more over what the factory gives it. I think he was just saying that you shouldnt expect 26 horsepower gain on a GT.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:30 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

I think what he's trying to say that you will never get much out of a GT. I agree that an FI engine will always run better than the N/A when it comes to induction, but he is implying that the GT will never get good numbers. If you take the blower off the cobra and put the stock inake on it with a densecharger CAI you will probably get close to the same numbers in gains! Im not upset, just irriates me when ignorant people say stuff like that!!!

<----------- See, Im happy!
Old 05-18-2004, 01:47 AM
Russ96GT

I installed a K&N FIPK on my '96 Mustang about 3 months ago. I'm quite certain I did not gain anything close to 25HP. The specs for the product say 10HP gain. That is more like it or maybe slightly less than that. I do get noticable gain through acceleration in all gears. The things I notice most is at about 70MPH speeds I used to always be in 5th gear, now the pony runs better in 4th. It doesn't really seem comfortable in 5th until about 73-75MPH. The other thing I have noticed is a bit of exhaust back pressure causing some jerking on deacceleration. That is a clear indicator that there is more air built up in the exhaust. I'm sure there are better products out there. For the cost it is a nice product. The oil based filters will make it pay for itself in a few year.

[IMG]local://upfiles/5631/Cz801289350.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-23-2004, 03:45 PM
rileycoyote

The figure of 26 HP is the HP of their top K&N FIPK for a 98 Jeep Cherokee. Each model varies. If you take a look at the model for your Mustang, you can view the K&N dyno results. I hear they dyno three vehicles and use the average for the results.
All of this information is available on K&N's website.

Just my 2cents.
Riley
Old 05-24-2004, 08:11 AM
UCONN ERIC

MM&FF just did a test a couple of months ago and got 26 horses at the wheels of an '03 cobra with the FIPK generation 2. They actually got 30 horses at the wheels with the hood up and the 26 with the hood down. This isn't K&N doing their own test, although I'm sure MM&FF gets a good amount of cash for the advertising. Anyway, on a cobra I've seen many reports of 20-26 horses at the wheels just from putting on different cold air intakes. Haven't got one yet on my cobra but we'll see.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:32 PM
propellerhead
2nd Gear Member

So, I'm convinced. Where did you guys order your K&N FIPKs?

EDIT: Ok, I just ordered one.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:08 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

www.densecharger.com

don't go with k&n
why would I lie?
Im not making $$ of it
good luck either way

Quick Reply: [Deleted]