4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

several questions about o/r H

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 07:36 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default several questions about o/r H

Hey all~
I have an O/R H scheduled to arrive in a few days, and gonna install it within a month. A few questions... first... how many RWHP approx does it free up? 5-10 somewhere? Can I notice more pep? I have flowmaster 40 weld ins (love um!)

Also... assuming I can keep the MIL off... can I still pass emissions? Here they just do a plug in test, and they do not look underneath or do an exhaust test

George
Old 07-16-2006, 07:57 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

Default RE: several questions about o/r H

anyone? [8D]
Old 07-16-2006, 08:10 PM
Sun01Gt
1st Gear Member

5-10 hp is about what i'd expect, especially ditching those 6 factory cats. As long as the MIL's work properly you should be able to pass emissions.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Im not sure how much HP you will gain. I noticed a slight gain when I put on my catted H. So you will notice a decent gain with an o/r H. As for emissions, you should pass without a problem. There was someone here that said they passed with LT`s, and an o/r H. They were from IL as well.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:22 PM
meebix
4th Gear Member

You will see probably around 7-8 rwhp from an o/r midpipe, but your not going to notice any pep. You may think you are, but its all in your mind, I hate to be the downer, lol.

The only way you would feel it is if you did the entire system... Headers, midpipe, catback. Because with your weld-ins, your not seeing any power from them either.

Just know that your engine is starting to breathe better and enjoy the sound!! You will love it.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:30 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

cool dudes! the weld ins have to be doing SOMETHING but yeah I know the cat-back would be better... but the mufflers plus the midpipe should do me good for now.

Keep in mind when I do my engine, i'm going all out on exhaust
Old 07-16-2006, 08:54 PM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

I have your soon to be setup, and it is fantastic. SO badass. I get compliments literally wherever I go. I promise, you wont be dissappointed. Especially when you start it up for the first time. I almost wet myself. lol.

And, no you wont notice any new power. I mean, I didnt, and I dont really care. The car is fast enough for a 16 year old. Now, it just sounds badass. Thats all I car about. If I cared about performance, then I woulda gone with some lm1's or magnapacks with o/r X. Prolly catted x if i got lm1's. lol
Old 07-16-2006, 10:21 PM
RiCe_KiLlEr
4th Gear Member

when i put my o/r h-pipe i also did the tuner at the same time. so i have no clue if i gained any power from the midpipe, but i noticed a really big difference when i drove it tho. dont know if the power came from the tuner or the midpipe.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:36 PM
KTMRYDER

i'm from crystal lake and i have a o/r prochamber with a flowmaster catback and i passed emmisions. i just lugged the sh*t out of it rolling into the facility. they never looked under the car just ran the test for readiness codes.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:57 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

uhmm gain? you might see 5rwhp... i didnt notice much when i got my O/R h setup... but once you do some longtubes, the gain is suppose to be there, around 15-20rwhp, with 25 or so lb ft tor.

Quick Reply: several questions about o/r H