4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Found info on the new 2V Edelbrock intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 09:54 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Found info on the new 2V Edelbrock intake manifold

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

How are the 2V's weak when their are guys running around with stock heads and cams making over 750rwhp with turbo's...The 2V is plenty capable and its only shortcoming is the stock bore size...which can be delt with.
Where have you seen anyone running 750 whp on a 2v with the stock heads/cams???

Damm sure isn't on pump gas.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:07 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

How are the 2V's weak when their are guys running around with stock heads and cams making over 750rwhp with turbo's...The 2V is plenty capable and its only shortcoming is the stock bore size...which can be delt with.

Its actually a TT car that Tim tuned...it had a built SB to handle the boost and untouched heads/cams.
I saw another one that was similar in a magazine but wasn't an MPH car...was from Texas i think.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:11 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Its actually a TT car that Tim tuned...it had a built SB to handle the boost and untouched heads/cams.
I saw another one that was similar in a magazine but wasn't an MPH car...was from Texas i think.
Where did you see this at? I have never seen anything about it on MPH's web site.

Surely your not talking about Tim's Bullitt??
Old 07-24-2006, 10:11 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

by stock heads, you mean... stock as in, they are the same piece of material that came from ford and worked over, or stock as in, they are what you would find at the dealer on a brand new car?
Old 07-24-2006, 10:17 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: redass02gt

by stock heads, you mean... stock as in, they are the same piece of material that came from ford and worked over, or stock as in, they are what you would find at the dealer on a brand new car?
Stock as in stock...their are no aftermarket heads...stock untouched heads= stock untouched heads.

I saw it on Stangnet earlier this year. A guy had a thread about his car build up their. It was a sick *** car. I never saw it on MPH but i didn't look for it either.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Stock as in stock...their are no aftermarket heads...stock untouched heads= stock untouched heads.

I saw it on Stangnet earlier this year. A guy had a thread about his car build up their. It was a sick *** car. I never saw it on MPH but i didn't look for it either.
Living in the show me state I would have to see it to beileve it.

750 WHP on the stock heads/cams would require some serious boost, I would think well over 20 PSI.

Just doesn't seem possible.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

750 WHP on the stock heads/cams would require some serious boost, I would think well over 20 PSI.

both were over 20psi...
Old 07-25-2006, 12:22 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

both were over 20psi...

Even then I have a real hard time seeing it being anything close to streetable.

hell, a 03/04 cobra at 20+ PSI is still only making around 800-850 WHP on a set of big twins with the stock heads/cams, and a 4v sure as hell flows about x10 better than the ****ty 2v heads.

my money still says they had race gas in the tank at the very least.
Old 07-25-2006, 02:36 AM
Jcelli04
2nd Gear Member

your right it was over 20 psi.... it was 30psi, i saw the same thing

i think it was 758RWHP!!! ill look and see if i can find it again, but this thing is crazy
Old 07-25-2006, 02:49 AM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

back on topic

i wonder if that'll make a good power increase.

david_k - are the short runners not that good for the 2v compared to longer runners like the stock ones? will this be another high rpm intake? would i probably be better off with a bullitt swap? i have no plans of turbo or s/c but maybe nitrous.

that would look badass if you put those two together and had a cobra/bullitt cai. im saving these links

Quick Reply: Found info on the new 2V Edelbrock intake manifold