4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Saw my first 2007 GT500 today

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 01:38 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Saw my first 2007 GT500 today

ORIGINAL: 04BlueGT

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

On the way to Pismo Beach last weekend I was cruising along Hwy 46 right around the James Dean memorial. It opens up soon after that to a long straight with a passing lane. I was doing 90 or so to get around all the traffic in the passing lane. In my mirror was what I thought was a spruced-up 05-06 mustang flashing his brights at me. Not to be out done, I hammered it to about 130-140. That car behind me never got any smaller. At that point, I ran out of guts and pulled to the right lane only to have what I thought was a spruced up late model Stang blow by me. It turned out to be a Shelby as it went by me like I was standing still at 120ish. I came to two conclusions at that point. That s.o.b. is crazy was one, the other; that friggin' car is quick. I suppose there was a third conclusion I came to a little later. Damn my car looks better than that and I paid a whole he_l of a lot less.

Excuse me if I don't kiss your **** like most on here Code. Just not my style.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Gee, Bob, where the hell did that come from?

Out of nowhere really. Obviously no offense towards Code, I just find it funny the amount of puckering up towards moderators.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 07-29-2006, 01:42 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

gotta luv junkyards
ORIGINAL: sprostang

This may make you sick if you see this vid. [:'(]
http://www.49abcnews.com/videos/2006/jul/21/4396/
Old 07-29-2006, 02:50 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

On the way to Pismo Beach last weekend I was cruising along Hwy 46 right around the James Dean memorial. It opens up soon after that to a long straight with a passing lane. I was doing 90 or so to get around all the traffic in the passing lane. In my mirror was what I thought was a spruced-up 05-06 mustang flashing his brights at me. Not to be out done, I hammered it to about 130-140. That car behind me never got any smaller. At that point, I ran out of guts and pulled to the right lane only to have what I thought was a spruced up late model Stang blow by me. It turned out to be a Shelby as it went by me like I was standing still at 120ish. I came to two conclusions at that point. That s.o.b. is crazy was one, the other; that friggin' car is quick. I suppose there was a third conclusion I came to a little later. Damn my car looks better than that and I paid a whole he_l of a lot less.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Out of nowhere really. Obviously no offense towards Code, I just find it funny the amount of puckering up towards moderators.

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Hmmm, okay...I am lost. I really don't see any puckering going on.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:04 AM
04BlueGT
5th Gear Member

Dammit, I wasn't puckering, I just finished a lemon. It just happens sometimes, I swear!

Nite all.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:08 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: code3GT

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Hmmm, okay...I am lost. I really don't see any puckering going on.

Hel-, I didn't intend to start a whole hoop-la over nothing. Where is the "delete message" button at?

[sm=closed.gif]
Old 07-29-2006, 03:18 AM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

our dealer just let go a GT40 on a lease. $170,000!!!!

some rich ***** and his 18 year old son left in it. They left smokin the tires. And when they were looking it over, they looked at it like it was a piece of crap.

Dang rich people [:@][:@]
Have you ever taken a look at the fit & finish on those Ford GT's?

I've seen 3 in person now @ dealerships and the fit & finish on my Cobra was extremely better. I couldn't believe how terribly put together they look in person.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:20 AM
blueherd02gt
5th Gear Member

I'd take one in a minute bad fit and finish and all
Old 07-29-2006, 03:23 AM
mustangGTdude1031
4th Gear Member

[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Man, thats strange. It seems like your car would be able to hang with or even beat a gt500. I mean they prolly dont have much more hp than you do at the rear wheels and your car is much lighter. hmmmm.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:35 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangGTdude1031

[sm=alcoholic.gif]
Man, thats strange. It seems like your car would be able to hang with or even beat a gt500. I mean they prolly dont have much more hp than you do at the rear wheels and your car is much lighter. hmmmm.
Strange indeed.

I don't know what else to say, really.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:00 PM
axs377
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

ORIGINAL: monkeydude3

our dealer just let go a GT40 on a lease. $170,000!!!!

some rich ***** and his 18 year old son left in it. They left smokin the tires. And when they were looking it over, they looked at it like it was a piece of crap.

Dang rich people [:@][:@]
Have you ever taken a look at the fit & finish on those Ford GT's?

I've seen 3 in person now @ dealerships and the fit & finish on my Cobra was extremely better. I couldn't believe how terribly put together they look in person.

Are you serious???? I was just looking at one yesterday and it is much nicer than ANY stock mustang I have ever seen. I think the interior does have that race car feel to it though, so if luxury is what you are looking for than the gt is not your cup of tea. Those engines in the gt are just insane, with a good turbo setup the are capable of well over 1000rwhp, without having to totally rework everything.

Quick Reply: Saw my first 2007 GT500 today