4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

MR. CLEAN!! Makes it GLEAM!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:57 AM
DROES99STANG
2nd Gear Member

Default MR. CLEAN!! Makes it GLEAM!!

Hey I just wanted to say I have a black Mustang and everytime I washed it no matter what kind of towel or shammy I used it would give my paint swirl marks. And if you have a black car you all know that everything is very noticeable on it. Anyways just wanted to give everyone a tip. The last time I got my Car painted I decided to buy that Mr. Clean Auto Dry (recommended by the body shop), and it works fantastic. It drys fast and It has been a year now and of course no stupid swirl marks. Just nice and clean. I just think you guys should try it. it also takes less time to wash your car. I just use regular Car wash soap first to do my rims and fenderwells then i break out the mr clean. Good luck and keep them Stangs nice and clean so them CAMAROS wont have as much dust to eat.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

Default RE: MR. CLEAN!! Makes it GLEAM!!

i've always wanted to try that. maybe ill give it a shot today.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:46 PM
DROES99STANG
2nd Gear Member

it's well worth it. the filters and soap are kind of expensive after your starter set runs out, but its worth the money you'll save on your paint job
Old 07-30-2006, 12:52 PM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

everyone tells me it works like ****, that it leaves tons of dirt behind and such. my parents used it on there cars, seems alright i guess. nothing beats washing your car by hand then waxing it though, its just fun to do.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:23 PM
DROES99STANG
2nd Gear Member

i have no problems at all with mine i love it. I still wax my car but it cuts out all that drying time that i hate because the water gets under the mirrors and drips down on the wax. it seems like the water stays in there forever but with the mr clean i use all the water dys up within about 20-25 minutes. i love it and you still have to hand wash it you dont just spray the soap and then rinse you still have to use a sponge. I get a bucket of clean water and then i spray the soap on the car and use the bucket to rinse my sponge every now and then. maybe thats why they get a lot of dirt left behind. or maybe their mr. clean has something wrong with it. exchange it and try again
Old 07-30-2006, 01:26 PM
white04gt
3rd Gear Member

so you are basically just using that as the final rinse so to speak. Still gotta get down and dirty lol..

Always figured you couldn't put enough pressure with a hose to do crap with any of those things.

Can you hook it up to a pressure washer lol...
Old 07-30-2006, 01:32 PM
DROES99STANG
2nd Gear Member

yeah the pressure isnt the greatest but you have to use the mr. clean soap because it has something in it that when combined with the water filter it doesnt leave water spots. i dont think you can hook it up to a power washer lol if you could that would be nice. also another good thing for drying is the california waterblade but i stopped using it because you can catch a little piece of dirt that was left after the washing process and scratch your car. plus it doesnt work well on my convertible top.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Mr Clean is okay.

It leaves behind a funny film. Sometimes the film will be completely uniform & it'll leave my car looking like a dull black.

I've bought new filters and new soap and it still does it. In the garbage it went.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:48 PM
wwmost
5th Gear Member

tryed mr clean once. didnt like it. the thing that i hated was the big *** clunky thing i had to carry around and there was NO pressure at all. plus it seems like the soap comes out all watery and stuff not how i like it. i like it really soapy and bubly
Old 07-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Car_Ramrod
4th Gear Member

my friend and i used to use it when we detailed cars. we would still dry the cars but we used that just in case we missed a spot. they seemed to work fine for us. of course we always waxed the car after we were done drying...but it seemed ok. we did stop using them though. only because we kept forgetting to move it when we were done washing...and then we would move the car and end up running over the autodry dealie that attaches to the hose. so we bought like 3 or 4 (at like...20ish dollars each) of them and then decided to stop giving mr clean our money since we dry the cars anyways. but i never had any complaints when using it.

Quick Reply: MR. CLEAN!! Makes it GLEAM!!