4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I'll never ignore the past!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:06 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: I'll never ignore the past!

alltime best = 1968 fastback ftw

last 20 years = 05+ ftw

who doesn't love the fox's and new edgers? that are sweeet as well

Old 08-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Flyingmau5
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangansta

it seems that everyone from all car loving worlds including mustangs lovers themselfs love the new 05 -06 mustangs, which you can't really question because the car is so beautiful and improved but I want to say to all who will listen, expecially the owners of the past models from the 60's to the 04's that I love them all, each and every one! I have an 06 GT and when I see any mustang modified or not I will turn my head and watch with admeration. I give so many compliments before I myself receive one and it bothers me that 90's bodies for example receive any less attention. I want owners of past bodies *4.6, 5.0 and so on to know that all these vehicals have a place and love in history in the american muscle car universe.

Rock on mustang rock on!
do u by any chance work for ford?? [8D]
Old 08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

i can never call a mustang ugly - see this is what i mean - still so much hate in the air
you sound like a damn tree hugger!

Ford designed the 05 Mustang for old people plain and simple! Not for performance, not for the next generation of mustang fans...it was solely designed to capitalize on the huge market of baby boomers that were entering retirement and wanted to relive their youth. And it worked because these gezzers were buying them as fast as they could get them to the dealer and paying over sticker price.

Hopefully the next generation Mustang will not be the size of a Lincoln Town Car.

sadly, i agree with you.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:13 PM
97 5.0L
3rd Gear Member

i can never call a mustang ugly - see this is what i mean - still so much hate in the air

Ford designed the 05 Mustang for old people plain and simple! Not for performance, not for the next generation of mustang fans...it was solely designed to capitalize on the huge market of baby boomers that were entering retirement and wanted to relive their youth. And it worked because these gezzers were buying them as fast as they could get them to the dealer and paying over sticker price.

Hopefully the next generation Mustang will not be the size of a Lincoln Town Car.
That statement is from someone who has obviously never driven the 05 06 mustangs. Those thing are fast right out of the box.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:20 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97 5.0L

That statement is from someone who has obviously never driven the 05 06 mustangs. Those thing are fast right out of the box.
actually i have driven about a dozen of them ( i sell cars) and as soon as they hit our lot some old guy buys them instantly.
I do like the way they drive but they are way to big and the looks just haven't grown on me. If that car was a few hundred pounds lighter imagine the beating you could put on LS2 Camaro's etc...next round maybe since the remodel is @2008-9
Old 08-01-2006, 06:26 PM
II 98 GT II
4th Gear Member

If that car was a few hundred pounds lighter imagine the beating you could put on LS2 Camaro's etc...next round maybe since the remodel is @2008-9
That would be nice...
Old 08-01-2006, 06:53 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Thank you kind sir for such humble generosity in remembering all the little people who arent so fortunate to have such grandure as you. Ha actually when we go to shows my vert all done up clean gets more attention then the new 05's and 06's. . . (minus the saleens and roushes) So ha!
Old 08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

it seems that everyone from all car loving worlds including mustangs lovers themselfs love the new 05 -06 mustangs, which you can't really question because the car is so beautiful and improved but I want to say to all who will listen, expecially the owners of the past models from the 60's to the 04's that I love them all, each and every one! I have an 06 GT and when I see any mustang modified or not I will turn my head and watch with admeration. I give so many compliments before I myself receive one and it bothers me that 90's bodies for example receive any less attention. I want owners of past bodies *4.6, 5.0 and so on to know that all these vehicals have a place and love in history in the american muscle car universe.

Rock on mustang rock on!
How old are you, Mustangangsta?
Old 08-01-2006, 08:23 PM
beastzilla02
5th Gear Member

well the 2008 mustang which is gonna be redesigned..is supposed to look like a new edge / 05 mustang...at first i loved thenew 05 mustangs..now that i have a sn95 i like the sn95 and the new edge look more..u can do more with the body..abnd body kits look better with those cars..maybe im being biased i dont know.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
sstang
5th Gear Member

well the 2008 mustang which is gonna be redesigned..is supposed to look like a new edge / 05 mustang
Are there pictures of concepts yet?

Quick Reply: I'll never ignore the past!