4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

I'll never ignore the past!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 02:54 AM
Mustangansta
2nd Gear Member

Default I'll never ignore the past!

it seems that everyone from all car loving worlds including mustangs lovers themselfs love the new 05 -06 mustangs, which you can't really question because the car is so beautiful and improved but I want to say to all who will listen, expecially the owners of the past models from the 60's to the 04's that I love them all, each and every one! I have an 06 GT and when I see any mustang modified or not I will turn my head and watch with admeration. I give so many compliments before I myself receive one and it bothers me that 90's bodies for example receive any less attention. I want owners of past bodies *4.6, 5.0 and so on to know that all these vehicals have a place and love in history in the american muscle car universe.

Rock on mustang rock on!
Old 08-01-2006, 02:58 AM
Troteck
1st Gear Member

Default RE: I'll never ignore the past!

Ok.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:01 AM
GT_Bob
3rd Gear Member

I'll relay that info and heart felt thanks to all the Mustang II owners out there who never catch a break. Zoom Zoom from 0-60 in five years.

Nice sentiments though .
Old 08-01-2006, 04:54 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT_Bob

I'll relay that info and heart felt thanks to all the Mustang II owners out there who never catch a break. Zoom Zoom from 0-60 in five years.
Can you even call those mustangs? *Now I've done it* [&:]

Seriously: It was fuel and emission that screwed over mustang in those years. And some II's actually don't look half bad. I like the looks of the
cobras. To bad you’ll have to shoe in a real mustang motor to make it go like one.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:56 AM
myk
2nd Gear Member

We....appreciate the kind words.

I prefer the SN95 and New Edge cars over the '05/'06 myself, but hey-it's all Mustang so it's all good...
Old 08-01-2006, 01:58 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

I still don't like 05+ mustangs...they are ugly and HUGE! I find most of the Mustang Forums i post on owners of 96-04 still don't like the new ones either.

I have seen a few custom's that were nice but i'm not dropping 60-80k on a mustang just because it says Foose etc...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:01 PM
blownstanger
2nd Gear Member

I love all Mustangs.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:06 PM
Mustangansta
2nd Gear Member

i can never call a mustang ugly - see this is what i mean - still so much hate in the air
Old 08-01-2006, 02:14 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mustangansta

i can never call a mustang ugly - see this is what i mean - still so much hate in the air
you sound like a damn tree hugger!

Ford designed the 05 Mustang for old people plain and simple! Not for performance, not for the next generation of mustang fans...it was solely designed to capitalize on the huge market of baby boomers that were entering retirement and wanted to relive their youth. And it worked because these gezzers were buying them as fast as they could get them to the dealer and paying over sticker price.

Hopefully the next generation Mustang will not be the size of a Lincoln Town Car.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:03 PM
axs377
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: droptoppony

Hopefully the next generation Mustang will not be the size of a Lincoln Town Car.
LMFAO... Though, I do have to admit ford finally did something right with a 300hp gt, but why the **** did they have to make it so damn heavy? I was looking at some saleens at the dealership right next to me, I was told they are about 4500lbs?!?!? not sure they are quite that heavy, but you figure the owner would know what he was talking about.

Quick Reply: I'll never ignore the past!