4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Densecharger / MAF is in!

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 01:42 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default Densecharger / MAF is in!

Installed the full densecharger + 85 mm ProM meter this today. The kit is very clean, and the customer support is PHENOMINAL! The owner answers the phone and all the questions. He even followed up with me via a phone call to make sure I recieved everything ok and wanted to know how the mass air meter worked for me - since its a new calibration from ProM.

Before I go any furthur - I want it known how pleased I am with everthing. From the product to the support to the fast shipping. The whole kit went on in 45 minutes. For those wondering, all that has to be done is taking off your factory setup (easy of course). Remove 1 screw from your pass side wheel-well to get the air filter assembly up inside the fender and up through the whole where the air silencer was. Put the cover over the whole and the filter assemby and drill 3 holes to mount the cover. Bolt the new meter in and put on the tubing just like the factory setup and trim the 2 extra vacuum hoses to fit. Tighten all the clamps when done. I did use some rtv where the maf meter bolts into the kit. Thats it.

No bucking, surging, etc. Idles just like stock (actually feels better now that I have a new filter in). Nothing put extra pure power. Between the two I'd say 15-20 rwhp - no joke. The way it feels now I think I'm .2 faster now. Seriously.

I honestly think now between the underdrive pulleys, this kit with the mass air meter, NGK (plugsregular ones, not iridiums but still better than the factory ones), and lowering my drag radial pressure to 15 lbs Im gonna run REAL close to a 12.9

Mark my words - I intend to run a 12.9 next Friday Hehe or at least close :P
Old 06-03-2004, 02:15 AM
Razor19
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Densecharger / MAF is in!

Sweet dude I will definetely have to get this now.
Old 06-03-2004, 03:47 AM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Nice...12.9 huh, well good luck! If you can pull it off, you'll be able to surprise some '03 Cobras on the street.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:17 AM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

congrats MD you sound pritty happy .lol my X pipe is coming today wooo hoo mabey ill give u guys a detailed description how i mess something up when i put it in lol. i dont have the DRs but im hopeing for 13s. ill be happy with 13s since i have not had the car very long and i still have to get used to it but we will have to race some time. gongrats on the new mod. planning to get to the track next week if everything goes on ok this week.
Old 06-03-2004, 10:36 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

You'll def run 13's with dr's IMO
Old 06-03-2004, 10:46 AM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

hey, MD. How is the filter facing. I mean is it still pointing down? The reason I ask is because the owner told me that in has to be in a different position if it isnt already there. Mine goes in the wheel well and points straight down. He also said its going to come with a new sleve. Whats that all about? Im getting my MAM in a day or so.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:14 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

yea it is pointed down in the wheel-well. car feels really good and idles great - better than before in fact (probably has something to do with the 50k factory air filter was still in - I still have to do the plugs, I ran out of time)

Just not enough time in the day. As soon as I get the plugs in I have a fuc*in 97 Contour Sport with that damn Z-Tec engine in it - gotta do a head job on it grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - oh well, bought it for $100 bucks so I can't complain

I throught that last paragraph in for you jdaniel hehe
Old 06-03-2004, 12:29 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

good... so if my filter is already pointed down then I dont have to do anything to it, huh? Thats awsome!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:50 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Comparing aftermarket MAM's to stock, I believe the difference you feel!
Old 07-23-2004, 12:32 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

So you purchased and installed two seperate items: large MAF and CA kit? Where to buy both and how much for both? I'll order it today if you are that happy with yours.

Quick Reply: Densecharger / MAF is in!