4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Light bar question and request

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 11:58 AM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

Default Light bar question and request

well my friend has a vert and he is going with a cage so he is getting rid of his light bar for 250 bucks, i've checked and the price is really good, he is installing it in my car if i buy it... anyway, i'm not really a fan of bars sometimes they look good sometimes they look just weird so guys what do you think??? if someone can post pictures of verts with light bars i would appreciate it, speciallly if they are silver verts with black interior and dark charcoal light bar thanks
Old 08-14-2006, 12:28 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Light bar question and request

I've been thinking of getting one for a while too. But to me from some angles the lightbars look great but from some other angles it looks a bit weird. I was wondering too, how tuf is it to get into the backseat when the bar is there?
Old 08-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

I've had a light-bar myself for quite a while, i get a number of compliments on it. It definitely gives the car a cool look.

I must caution you, however, that getting in/out of the backseat becomes a little more of a chore. Also, it's head level so people in the back could bang their heads pretty hard if you get in an accident. Finally, this red LEDs are bright and some passengers in the back find it annoying.

I'd recommend getting Roush seat-belt guides because the stockers will actually interfere with the bar and the bar may prevent you from being able to fully recline either the passenger or drivers seats. Those stock loops are huge.

As far as dark charcoal gray on black, it'll look fine. It won't match perfectly with the interior but it won't look out-of-place either.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:29 PM
mustang gtizzle
2nd Gear Member

I've been thinking of getting one and the only reason that is holding me back is price. The cheapest I can find for the one with the light is like $400+installation. Unless anyone knows where I can get one for cheaper, I'm not sure I'll get one or I'll probably just give in and buy it anyway.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:19 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustang gtizzle

I've been thinking of getting one and the only reason that is holding me back is price. The cheapest I can find for the one with the light is like $400+installation. Unless anyone knows where I can get one for cheaper, I'm not sure I'll get one or I'll probably just give in and buy it anyway.
i know i'm really thinking about it cuz of the price, is really good, but i'm still not sure
Old 08-14-2006, 09:00 PM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

go to my gallery i have plenty of pics of my light bar on my car. wouldn't go without it.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:17 AM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

the lightbar adds a presence when the top is down...gives a hint of class like a Mercedes and yet still looks muscular. I get compliments at almost every light when my top is down.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:46 PM
d3mon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hot wheels

go to my gallery i have plenty of pics of my light bar on my car. wouldn't go without it.

thanks, nice car... well still looks weird but heck is cheap so i'm going to get it, thanks to everyone
Old 08-15-2006, 06:29 PM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

thank you. you won't regret it
ORIGINAL: d3mon

ORIGINAL: hot wheels

thanks, nice car... well still looks weird but heck is cheap so i'm going to get it, thanks to everyone
Old 08-15-2006, 06:53 PM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Hey. hot wheels has the same car as me. "00 SilVert GT". Sweet. Dont worry. I dont actually call it that in public haha

Quick Reply: Light bar question and request