4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Cams and nitrous???

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 03:14 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Cams and nitrous???

ORIGINAL: mdvaldosta

Jeez what a D-head@@@|@@@

Lolz kidding - anyways I feel the same way as WHT, I don't agree that nitrous is cheating - but I would rather have 50hp all the time vs 100 hp with the button push. But if timeslips all you want and money is a concern (for a tune) the do what feels right for you
LOL!!!!

all i want is an 11 second timeslip, but for some reason all i have come across are receipts from parts.

like md said, its all in what YOU want and what your ready to pay for.....
Old 06-16-2004, 05:30 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WHT00GT

we can test this statement that a cammed gt can't beat a n20 gt.?.?.?.? you hook up the babies milk and i will put in my suspension... we can go as many times as you want or can.

i am not being a D head when i post this, don't take it the wrong way please...
Correct me if im wrong but your basing this on the fact you have spend a ton of cash on your suspension???

I guarrentee with the same suspension, same tires, and same driver, if you had went with n20 instead of the cam swap you would have spent less or about the same amount of money and your ETs would be lower.

We are not talking about suspension on this thread. From everything you have said before most of your 1/4 mile times are because you have done quite a bit to get an excellent launch.

How about we go from a roll? For about 200 bucks?
Old 06-16-2004, 07:13 PM
Moosetang
3rd Gear Member

5.0 mag. did a cam swap on a 96 not a 99.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:28 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

And those results were lower than what a 99+ woulda gotten. They also showed something crazy like 40+ hp from longtube headers. Theirs a dyno graph thats been floating around showing 33 rwhp increase over stock with VT stage 1 cams and 50+ hp at 6k rpm over stock. But cams are outta the question here. You can of course go with the VT stage 1 or the blower stage 2 cams later down the road if your gonna be running nitrous. You just have to choose if you want 10 more hp with nitrous or 10 more hp NA when you choose cams.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:57 PM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

we can test this statement that a cammed gt can't beat a n20 gt.?.?.?.? you hook up the babies milk and i will put in my suspension... we can go as many times as you want or can.

Correct me if im wrong but your basing this on the fact you have spend a ton of cash on your suspension???

I guarrentee with the same suspension, same tires, and same driver, if you had went with n20 instead of the cam swap you would have spent less or about the same amount of money and your ETs would be lower.

We are not talking about suspension on this thread. From everything you have said before most of your 1/4 mile times are because you have done quite a bit to get an excellent launch.

i know this thread isn't about suspension, i can read.... i will give you the benefit of the doubt and i won't touch my suspension... let me know when you get your kit hooked up and we can meet somewhere at a track.. i don't street race...

i hope you didn't take my reply to heart, i wasn't trying to be a dick. this is all in a friendly test of setups... i swear i am a nice, friendly, funny guy.....
Old 06-17-2004, 02:19 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

i know this thread isn't about suspension, i can read.... i will give you the benefit of the doubt and i won't touch my suspension... let me know when you get your kit hooked up and we can meet somewhere at a track.. i don't street race...

i hope you didn't take my reply to heart, i wasn't trying to be a dick. this is all in a friendly test of setups... i swear i am a nice, friendly, funny guy.....
Im not mad or anything. I am just wondering how you expect to beat a 300 HP (flywheel, at least) GT with a 100 shot when your running a 310 RWHP car. Of course, nothing says you cannot put your own 100 shot on there and be running a 425--450 HP machine

I am planning on doing cams at some later date. My point is speed and money wise I am going to do the N20 first, for the most gain. I don't want to spend 1500 + on both all at once. Too much crap going on atm that needs money.

BTW what 1/4 mile times are you running?? I thought you said you were running like 12.58s. You are running this with a stock suspension, drag radials, and 310 RWHP?????
Old 06-17-2004, 09:30 AM
WHT00GT
3rd Gear Member

Im not mad or anything. I am just wondering how you expect to beat a 300 HP (flywheel, at least) GT with a 100 shot when your running a 310 RWHP car. Of course, nothing says you cannot put your own 100 shot on there and be running a 425--450 HP machine

I am planning on doing cams at some later date. My point is speed and money wise I am going to do the N20 first, for the most gain. I don't want to spend 1500 + on both all at once. Too much crap going on atm that needs money.

BTW what 1/4 mile times are you running?? I thought you said you were running like 12.58s. You are running this with a stock suspension, drag radials, and 310 RWHP?????
Yes Sirrrr.... 12.59@107,hp with stock susp, drag radials, and 310rwhp. i need to screw my tires, they are spinning really bad on the rim.

100 shot on top of a 300hp(flywheel) is ABOUT OR AROUND 350 hp(flywheel) plus or minus a few, which is somewhere around the same REARWHEEL HP as me...

someone correct me if i am wrong....
Old 06-17-2004, 11:51 AM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

On an otherwise stock GT, a 100 shot of nitrous would put you to the tune of about 320 rwhp - but thats on a stock car. Theirs no argument that the nitrous car would put out more hp, especially with a mod or two, but I've seen mustangs with 400 rwhp not run mid 12's (street tires of course) - so you have to assume WHT has a nice setup. We've seen a guy here once have a 75 shot and only trap at 103, but I'd expect a 100 shot 4.6 with your mods to be trapping around 110 mph if things are right. So 107 - 110 mph, its and you both have the same suspension... its really gonna come down to driver ability but the nitrous guy has the edge. But... the NA guy obviously has establised the timeslip...
Old 06-17-2004, 02:38 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

Yes Sirrrr.... 12.59@107,hp with stock susp, drag radials, and 310rwhp. i need to screw my tires, they are spinning really bad on the rim.

100 shot on top of a 300hp(flywheel) is ABOUT OR AROUND 350 hp(flywheel) plus or minus a few, which is somewhere around the same REARWHEEL HP as me...

someone correct me if i am wrong....
NX money back gaurnetees that the 100 shot system will dyno 100 horsepower more +-1 HP.

I don't understand how you are pulling 12.58s with 310 RWHP and drag radials, with a stock suspension??? I guess perhaps my hp/speed thoughts are not correct. I am basing this off of a 04 cobra running 12.75s (with a good driver that is) although I do know they weigh more, most of em are dynoing around 370 RWHP.

I would assume you are running somewhere close to 350 or so flywheel HP? What is your corrected HP rating? What cams are you running to develop 310 RWHP? What are your other mods? I assume you are full bolt ons? I thought a cam swap was only good for like 40 hp (flywheel at that) on a 4.6 GT????
Old 06-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

This thread is going no where fast guys.

Quick Reply: Cams and nitrous???