4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

Tail Light Blackout WARNING

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:05 PM
01BlueCobraVert
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tail Light Blackout WARNING

for 96-98's

https://mustangforums.com/m_1637775/tm.htm
Old 08-17-2006, 01:09 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

I had smoked plexiglass taillight tint/covers on my '86GT & they looked GREAT! But..

They also covered the reverse lights. If you also have a dark tinted rear window, good luck seeing ANYTHING while backing up at nite Also a few buddies had told me my stop lights were very hard to see in bright sunlight so, if you get rear ended while stopping during the day after applying the tint, you'll know the reason
Old 08-17-2006, 01:14 PM
monkeydude3
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dajawu

Just as a warning when I went to get my sticker the guy said to take off my tail light tint. After I showed him that mine are just vinlyes that I can take off and put on whenever he said F it. But if they were actuall tint I would have been screwed. Just a fair warning to you guys still trying to keep it legit!
what sticker? what guy? lol

yeah f the law. I mean we are obviously wreckless criminals for customizing our cars
Old 08-17-2006, 01:34 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

IMO, tinting your tail lights is a stupid idea.

If a car slams into you & it's actually their fault, they have a GREAT possibility to pass all the blame on you because your tail lights are tinted.

IMO, that's too big of a risk, especially considering the ramifications from your insurance company.

I wouldn't make it a mile down the road with tail light tint without getting pulled over & I'm glad it's like that here, because if someones darkened tail lights fooled me and I slammed into them, bet your *** I would be doing everything possible to pass the blame on them.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:55 PM
YouGiveMeRash!!!
2nd Gear Member

Do you guys think it would look stupid if I cut out a horizontal line in my tinted taillights to expose part of the taillight?
Old 08-17-2006, 01:56 PM
GodAmGT00
5th Gear Member

^ +1..

Don't get me wrong.. I'm all about customizing my car, and for other's to customize their's. I just never saw the reason to "black out," tail lights.. It's too much of a liability... Somewhat like tinting your windshield...

9 times out of 10, the person who rear-ended the Tinted-tailed car will win..

JT
Old 08-17-2006, 03:36 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

thats the only i am worried about with my car, cuz my headlights and tailights are tinted and if anything ever happened id be screwed. one good thing about mine is they pop on and off. so i take em off when its rainin or at night.

Justin
Old 08-17-2006, 03:41 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i dont like tail light tint, looks wierd. i like the look if the red mustang tails.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:47 PM
99mustang0
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

If a car slams into you & it's actually their fault, they have a GREAT possibility to pass all the blame on you because your tail lights are tinted.

IMO, that's too big of a risk, especially considering the ramifications from your insurance company.

I wouldn't make it a mile down the road with tail light tint without getting pulled over & I'm glad it's like that here, because if someones darkened tail lights fooled me and I slammed into them, bet your *** I would be doing everything possible to pass the blame on them.
So, b/c your not paying attention and YOU run into someone your gonna try to blame them? Thats kinda stupid isnt it? If i hit someone i would own up to it.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:50 PM
JJ03MustangGT
5th Gear Member

+1

ORIGINAL: 99mustang0

ORIGINAL: Dan04COBRA

So, b/c your not paying attention and YOU run into someone your gonna try to blame them? Thats kinda stupid isnt it? If i hit someone i would own up to it.

Quick Reply: Tail Light Blackout WARNING