4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

supercharger install

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 12:19 AM
red99droptop
1st Gear Member

Default supercharger install

I am thinking about buying a vortec s trim or sq trim supercharger and was wondering how hard is it to install. Also what do you recomend for a mostly stock 99-04 gt. I am also thinking of going with 3.73 gears is this enough or should I go with 4.10's. I always hear that on a blower car I should go with 3.73. Lastly does anyone know any good mustang shops in north georgia, around the north side of atlanta.

Thanks for the help
Old 08-19-2006, 03:14 AM
jpmustanggt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: supercharger install

go to modularpowerhouse and get one of their mongoose kits, i'm about to order mine. you can get vortech, paxton, or kenne bell. I highly reccomend these guys, ask anyone else and they will tell you the same thing.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:47 AM
mustang_montana
4th Gear Member

im going with 4.10s with my vortech setup, 3.73s are better for twin screws due to them making boost quicker. people that say go with 3.73s probably dont realize that centrifugals dont build boost until like 3500 rpms and higher, so wont be a problem. the vortech install is easy, but there are a few spots that slowed me down. the intake setup is retarded and i plan to make my own. the oil pan tap is annoying and i messed mine up, but its not hard if you do it right [&:]. everything else is amateur work at best, getting the belt looped is a bit tricky for certain setups, but easy after youve done it once. i did my install myself real piece meal, i spread the work out over 3-4 weeks during fall in my driveway (friggin freezing). basically spent maybe 20 hours total, but i had some problems on the fuel pump and had to order a dozen different parts throughout install. i reccomend doing it yourself, you learn a lot and it saves you 800$.
Old 08-19-2006, 03:50 AM
racer02GTstang
5th Gear Member

i live in knoxville and did the whole install myself... its not very hard at all... i did the install in under 10 hours of work.... but i had to go out to get one pulley for it so its not counting that time... haha.... let me know what you do on that blower...
Old 08-19-2006, 11:09 AM
red99droptop
1st Gear Member

I was thinking of going with the vortec kit from moudular powerhouse. I heard that the guys at modular powerhouse have excellent tech help also. I have been talking with them and they are very helpful.
Has anyone gone with the vortec s trim or sq trim blower package from modular powerhouse and which one s trim or sq trim, what is the main difference between the two.
What kind of power does this kit make I was told by the guys at MPH that I will be pushing about 340 to 360 at the rear wheels is this correct and is this enough to beat my buddies Z28 and 04 Cobra.... We are very competitive, LOL..
Does anyone know anything about MV Performance they have built a lot of bad mustangs around here but I beleive they are kinda pricey.

Thanks a ton for the insight.
Old 08-19-2006, 01:14 PM
BicketyBam
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: red99droptop

I was thinking of going with the vortec kit from moudular powerhouse. I heard that the guys at modular powerhouse have excellent tech help also. I have been talking with them and they are very helpful.
Has anyone gone with the vortec s trim or sq trim blower package from modular powerhouse and which one s trim or sq trim, what is the main difference between the two.
What kind of power does this kit make I was told by the guys at MPH that I will be pushing about 340 to 360 at the rear wheels is this correct and is this enough to beat my buddies Z28 and 04 Cobra.... We are very competitive, LOL..
Does anyone know anything about MV Performance they have built a lot of bad mustangs around here but I beleive they are kinda pricey.

Thanks a ton for the insight.
I got mine for MPH - drove down from NY to have it installed along with BBK long tube headers, VRS shorty X, Steeda full length subframe connectors, MPH powerpipe and a dynojet wideband commander a/f guage. I got the V-2 head unit. The only other mods I had at the time was a magnaflow cat back, 3.90 gears and an Accufab 70mm TB/plenum. My car had 130,000 miles on it at the time and after it was finished it made 370 rwhp. So if you don't have any other mods, 340-360 is about right. As far as beating your buddies Z28, that depends what's in it. I think you could, but I'll leave that up to the experts. I can safely say that the '04 Cobra will still beat you. I assume you have a vert like me, so the extra weight also has to be considered.

Anyway, you can't go wrong with MPH and if I were you I'd let them install it. They can do them with their eyes closed and it will take 1/4 of the time it would take you. Plus you are best off getting it tuned on a dyno and it's that's included with the install. Lastly, go with the 4.10's. I ditched my 3.90's for them. Good luck.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:20 PM
droptoppony
5th Gear Member

You can go onto Vortechs website and look at the install manual for your car. This should let you know if it is too hard or not for you. And definately go with the Mongoose kit if you go Vortech as its complete with the correct upgrades and Tims tune is dead on.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:57 PM
red99droptop
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the input.....
Old 08-19-2006, 07:27 PM
LvGordo
4th Gear Member

yeah bro, you cant go wrong with Tim at MPH, i was reading the other day where he has said he has tuned like 2800 (!) cars, not including any mail order tunes.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:26 PM
red99droptop
1st Gear Member

yeah bro, you cant go wrong with Tim at MPH, i was reading the other day where he has said he has tuned like 2800 (!) cars, not including any mail order tunes.
[/quote]

yeah he told me that he has over 700 cars running on the vortec mongoose kit that I am looking at.
[quote]ORIGINAL: LvGordo

Quick Reply: supercharger install