4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

truth about pullies?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 03:36 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: truth about pullies?

ORIGINAL: D1g1tal V3n0m

Then again I forgot this forum is filled with the most knowledgeable and fastest Mustangs in the nation.
YOU CAN SAY THAT AGAIN WOO HOO. MUSTANG FORUMS IS THE FISHIIZZZLE... or something like that
Old 06-21-2004, 04:01 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: D1g1tal V3n0m

ORIGINAL: jdaniel

well im not going to argue because the majority of people here are for them so I need not to explain myself.
Yeah TQ increases but you guys were talking all about HP numbers.

People here might agree with you Jdaniel but the mags, my personal experiences, etc show and tell you different.

Then again I forgot this forum is filled with the most knowledgeable and fastest Mustangs in the nation.
I'm one of those people. Im sure for every "mag article, personal experience, etc" you can come up with showing 3hp gains I will come up with 5 showing more". Man I've just read 2 posts by you in different threads, both disagreeing with what people - both were disagreeing with very good points.

And instead of cutting down our forums with the "knowledgeable and fastest Mustangs in the nation" crap - thats just lame. Maybe you come here because you feel inferior on other more "knowledgable and faster Mustang" forums. I can tell you with great certainty that you're in the minority thinking pulley's are a poor choice of upgrades on a Mustang. That is an opinion. If you wanna play a cut-down game here I can assure you that you will not like the outcome.

Everyone has their own opinion, and I've yet to argue with you when we've disagreed - but you're kinda goin overboard with the cut-downs and disagreements. You really should consider some happy pills.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:00 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

dont dog on the forums. tearing ppl down is not gonna help when u need help. if you dont think pulleys are a good mod just leave it at that. dont keep trying to prove they arent by saying that our forms are not up to par of what u think. every mod adds up to a final equation . some mods are more hp than others some are more torque. puleys free up hp and torque and they do good for a cheap price. jsut be a lil more respectful thats all we are saying. if you have MD getting mad at yah then u have gone a lil to far. express your opinion and move on.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:18 PM
callmecobra
5th Gear Member

how about who cares? he gave you 2 reputable sources and you guys are cutting him down for it. do any of you guys have any dyno proof of 7hp? maybe you do, but untill then, its 3hp.
Old 06-21-2004, 07:20 PM
yellowstang98
3rd Gear Member

keep saving my money and do what mod though? i am waiting to get my delta chip in the mail and i am going to do mass air system, T/B and Plenum all at the same time which would be after i did the pullies. i am doing intake side before exhaust that way when i do finally get the exhaust side taken care off i will feel more of a gain from it, seeing as how ill be pulling more on my intake side. anyway the main reason that i asked was because im taking my car back to the shop when i get the chip in and i figured that i might as well order some march pullies and get them both put in at the same time... the way that i look at it is-
1. steeda short shifter
2. 3.73 gears
3. diablo chip
4. march pullies
5. mass air system, T/B and plenum
6. long tube headers and full exhaust
7. head and cam swap
8. file for bankruptcy

you dont think that is a good way to go....????
feel free to give your opinions
Old 06-21-2004, 08:08 PM
01GTvertible
3rd Gear Member

yellowstang, id say thats the way to go. its a shame that you asked for some advice and opinions and it turns into a pissing match between ignorant gear heads on whose opinion is right. i like the file for backruptcy at the end, i know how you feel. i have an 01 GT that i want so many mods on, but just cant right now. on the pullies, id say definately get them. i have a good friend that has a 01 gt, and they work awesome. i used to be able to keep up with him at high speeds, im talking 70 mph and higher, but since WE put the pullies on his car, that thing goes. the faster you turn your engine, the better they work. with the mods you want to do, its clear that you want a fast car, id say go ahead and put em on. you can do it in your garage in about 1-2 hrs. pending on your mechanical inclineness. good luck, and i'll be right behind you in the bankruptcy line
Old 06-21-2004, 08:18 PM
04mustang
3rd Gear Member

again i said that pulleys do not make a whole lot of hp but do make reasonable torque numbers and are worth the low price they go for compared to alot of expensive mods. you know every car is different and makes diff numbers with different mods. im sure we can find dyno sheets proving each others points. im sure some cars have gainerd 3hp and some have maybe even gained 10hp. but those are the numbers you will get from pulleys. not every car is the same. MD was also saying before that he was creating ongoing arguments in alot of different subjects on this forum.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Each has their opinion, thats fine. Just don't resort to cut-downs, especially cutting down the entire forums in general. I'll look for some dyno #'s later tonight when I get home, but really thats trivial. I was more concerned with the name calling. I'm proud to be a member here with great people - and disagreeing and discussions is what makes forums great. Talking trash about a forum I'm proud to be a part of just pisses me off, and it should for everyone who's a member here.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:16 PM
jdaniel
I ♥ Acer

Im with MD!
Old 06-21-2004, 09:39 PM
RJM02GTDrag
2nd Gear Member

Another vote for the pulleys here. I could tell a difference right away. besides whats the down side? $110 or so for 5-10 hp is cheap. Also when you take your factory pullies off feel how heavy they are compared to the aftermarket, thats gotta do something good, anyway sooner or later your gonna run out of bolt ons. I do agree to address exhaust and intake first!!

Quick Reply: truth about pullies?