4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

The GT is gone now

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 04:40 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

Default The GT is gone now

Wel... I finally did it. I'm gonna sell the stang tomorrow morning. Kinda sad to see it go cuz I've had it right at 2 years now and put alot of good miles on it and I don't regret a minute buying it. Best car I've ever had and lots of fun to play around in. So now whats next?

Well... the plan is to save up for maybe a month or two, depending on how everything goes... and buy an 04 Cobra[sm=hail.gif] I look forward to start looking to buy a cobra cuz its gonna be fun just being able to do that. I'm just thankful I have a job that allows me to do so. I promise to post some good pics of it once I buy one tho. I was gonna mod up my GT, but with the things that I was gonna do to it... I figured it would just be cheaper to buy a Cobra and start from there.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:42 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Default RE: The GT is gone now

Good luck, it was hard watching my GT drive off, but then I looked out the window and saw the 03' Cobra and everything was alright! haha... you can find 03/04's for around 23-30k still... stock and unstock...
Old 08-26-2006, 04:42 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

I have a bud with an 04 Mystic chrome Cobra with a few bolt ons. The car made 475rwhp and has 5K miles on it. He is looking to get $38K.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:44 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

475rwhp = more then a few bolt ons, haha... I would've loved a MysticChrome.. cheapest one i found is 29k, and that's still to rich for my blood - not everyone can be blessed like Code... ahem!
ORIGINAL: code3GT

I have a bud with an 04 Mystic chrome Cobra with a few bolt ons. The car made 475rwhp and has 5K miles on it. He is looking to get $38K.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:45 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

Ya know...Seems like everyone & their mother on this board is moving up to a cobra. I've also notice the price of cobras going up. Seems like a year ago you could get a nice one for $27 g's & now their going for $30 g's.

Coincidence...I THINK NOT!!!

GL w/ your cobra search. The new roush's are nice too...dont' forget about old Jack.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:45 AM
code3GT
Mustang Nazi

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

475rwhp = more then a few bolt ons, haha... I would've loved a MysticChrome.. cheapest one i found is 29k, and that's still to rich for my blood - not everyone can be blessed like Code... ahem!
ORIGINAL: code3GT

Too rich for my blood. I have a problem spending that kinda $$ for a used car. It is a beautiful car, though.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:49 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

The reason I didnt go that route.. Jack likes to overcharge... and they're really not that fast... People think they're faster then they are... I still have a guy offering me 25,5 for his 03' Convert Cobra, lol... he's in Ft mYers, Fla i think... you can find em under 25k, like me...

Edit: the market is actually flooded with Cobras for some reason... and I couldn't think of spending that much money on a used car, it was hard enough to justify myself for the 24 or so i spent on the cobra, haha.
ORIGINAL: mikev08826

Ya know...Seems like everyone & their mother on this board is moving up to a cobra. I've also notice the price of cobras going up. Seems like a year ago you could get a nice one for $27 g's & now their going for $30 g's.

GL w/ your cobra search. The new roush's are nice too...dont' forget about old Jack.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:58 AM
PushinTheLimit
5th Gear Member

$38k?? Damn... way to rich for me. Theres a few that I've found I like and range in the $25k-$28.5k with miles ranging from 6k-17k. Not bad for 03/04's I think. I still not sure if I should get a stock one... or one with some mods on it. There are a couple of things that I know I want on one when I get so I guess if it has something else, I can always just sell that part, buy what I want and put it on it. I made a mistake 2 years ago in getting an automatic[:'(] Its been a good car... but I love driving a stick shift and I've never played with a 6-speed before, nor a short throw shifter for that matter, so its gonna be alot of fun for me.

I always thought the Rousch cars looked great, and I first was gonna try to mod my GT with alot of Rousch products. But I changed my mind and after seeing some vids of the 04 snakes... I'm sold on them.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:02 AM
mikev08826
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

The reason I didnt go that route.. Jack likes to overcharge... and they're really not that fast... People think they're faster then they are... I still have a guy offering me 25,5 for his 03' Convert Cobra, lol... he's in Ft mYers, Fla i think... you can find em under 25k, like me...

Edit: the market is actually flooded with Cobras for some reason... and I couldn't think of spending that much money on a used car, it was hard enough to justify myself for the 24 or so i spent on the cobra, haha.
ORIGINAL: mikev08826

You get what you pay for.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:04 AM
ben790450
I ♥ Acer

Eh once the new gt500's flood the market the price of terminators will go way down in just the same way the gt's did when the 3v's came out. That why i waited till the 05's were strong in the marketplace to get mine.