4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

rpm outlet possibly screwing me over

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:42 PM
adamf654

Default RE: rpm outlet possibly screwing me over

so how exactly does that fitting go on the plenum?????
Old 09-03-2006, 09:47 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I am not sure, the guys at rpm put it on for me before they shipped it. If you already have it, i would contact C&L, or try to buy it from C&L if you're not getting anywhere with RPM... call rpm, and speak with one the sup's there if you've rec'd it and let them know that you were mislead and just ask for the adapter - I dont think they'd have a problem with it. they f*ck up a lot, but from what ive seen with other people they normally fix it in the end, it just makes you think twice about doing business with them again
Old 09-03-2006, 10:12 PM
adamf654

at first i e-mailed them and they never responded so i called then and they said they were going to send me the adapter but that was like a week ago and i still havent got it.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:19 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

call back and ask to speak with a supervisor, and tell them that. When you speak with the supervisor, tell them to give you a tracking# and you expect it to be shipped out on Tuesday. Be firm with them, or they'll walk all over you. Don't be an ***, but be firm with them. Make sure you let them know how unhappy you are, and once you get what you're looking for make sure they know how dissapointed you are, and will think twice about doing business with them again, haha hell it got me a free accufab upgrade
Old 09-04-2006, 01:27 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

That's why I hate them ****S, they screw you any chance. And the main stupervisor, boss man is George. He's the one who was a major ******* to me when I talked to them. I tried being nice at first, but the after 4-5 more calls, my tone changed dramatically. Just call them and talk to George and tell him you're deal, and let him know you've been waiting over a week now and wondered where the piece was and could you get a tracking number when it was shipped out and who the carrier is. And then tell him Michael, who he stoled money from says he's an A$$ hole mother ****er who's business so halt and close up for good.

Ok, I'm done now, I'm tired and off to bed soon. See ya.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:07 AM
adamf654

yea i plan on calling them back on tuesday. im definitly asking for the tracking number on it to see if they even sent me the fitting it was supposed to have. Im also just wondering how that fitting is going to go onto the plenum. if anyone knows please tell me
Old 09-04-2006, 02:09 AM
03GTGreen
2nd Gear Member

HMM, this is interesting. I bought my LT's X, T/B, and gauges from them and they all arrived about 3 days after I ordered. But from this thread and other things ive heard, it might be for the best to stay away from them now even though ive never had a problem. I guess that means ill have to buy the Kenny Brown, subframes from somebody else then.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:48 AM
yetihairball
1st Gear Member

I got my LM2's from RPM...and I'll probably not do business with them again.

It took over 2 weeks to get my catback. They never told me it wasn't in stock. Then, they sent me the LM1 resonators. They didn't answer their phones and don't even consider sending them an e-mail. After an obviously well timed phone call, I got hold of somoene and they told me to send an e-mail for my problem. After a long wait for e-mail I got a one sentence reply which said, "Sir, we DID send you the right mufflers."

By then I was fuming. I sent another e-mail with a detailed description of the differences between the two mufflers and why I knew for a fact that I had the LM1 resonators. No reply.

I called again. This time I got someone who listened to me and said that he'd e-mail me a packing slip for the mufflers. I returned the LM1 and got my LM2 within days of sending back the LM1. Props for the speedy turnover...but it was way too much hassle. Not to mention, I had to pay sales tax since they're in Texas.

I'll be looking for a more reputable shop for my future business which is out of state.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:45 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

PRAISE the lord, more peeps with problems. I knew I wasn't the only one, and yes I'm sure there's others who's never had problems and have no reason to not buy from them again, BUT JUST DON'T DO IT, lol

EXACTLY, no return emails, the phone is a bitch to get ahold of anyone. Ok I'm done before I start, thisisn't about us oh wait yes it is, it's RPM Bashin forum, lol.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:36 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 97targa

I wouldn't give them the time of day. Take the restocking loss and ship it back. Make sure you let them know you ship and expect a refund before you do! Accufab..Accufab..Accufab. It's the only cutting edge in t/b plenum combos, unless you are looking to get what you pay for!?
If anyone on this forum makes 5 more WHP with the accufab combo than a BBK/C&L combo I would **** my pants.

NOT gonna happen, they are all basically the same, its just like a catback or midpipe, they will all put down around the same numbers.

Quick Reply: rpm outlet possibly screwing me over