4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

will this nitrous kit work for me?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 07:42 PM
damdanger
2nd Gear Member

Default will this nitrous kit work for me?

just wanted to make sure before i bought it, i have a 98 gt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-N...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 09-03-2006, 08:34 PM
damdanger
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: will this nitrous kit work for me?

anyone?
Old 09-03-2006, 08:47 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

yes it will work. I would invest in some other attachments such as a bottle warmer, electric bottle opener, purge, etc.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:09 PM
damdanger
2nd Gear Member

yeah, plan to get it all, need to get the basics first, just wanted to make sure this would work, made a deal with the guy online and need to buy it tonight. anyone else wanna comment before i buy
Old 09-03-2006, 09:31 PM
punched
1st Gear Member

if your questioning which one to buy maybe your not ready for nos? I always double check things with my performance shop that i trust and know
Old 09-03-2006, 09:52 PM
damdanger
2nd Gear Member

i know i need an efi wet kit, was just wondering if this offbrand kit was missing anything etc etc
Old 09-03-2006, 10:24 PM
97targa
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: damdanger

i know i need an efi wet kit, was just wondering if this offbrand kit was missing anything etc etc
I don't understand why you think you need a wet kit? There are problems with wet kits! If you use quite a few shots in a row there can be deposits that build up inside your plastic manifold and detonate. Possibly cracking your intake. If you don't know much about nitrous you should go with a dry EFI kit like Zex or Edelbrock. They sell edelbrock kits for abot $450 and then the Zex kits are around $550. You won't be able to get matching equiptment with an off brand product, not saying that it won't fit, but it won't be color oriented! Also if you do use this once in a while like an everyday driver that only races every other weekend, then a bottle warmer is not a necessity nor is a purge valve. A bottle opener is a real handy tool to have if you pull up to the light and you see the ricer next to ya staring at you, then you can just flip a switch and not have to get out of your car or reach out back like you plan on doing something. They do have safe wet kits but I think you should go for a dry kit. And get a namebrand so when you sell it you can get your money back!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:32 PM
damdanger
2nd Gear Member

yeah i know all the differences between wet and dry, wet your more likely to toss your intake if you get puddling and it catches spark(main reason your not supposed to polish your intake, they come matte and gritty for a reason), dry kit is more likely to toast your motor from detonation, im not paying an extra 200$ for a sticker, from what i can tell it has all the same parts as other kits
Old 09-03-2006, 10:54 PM
Tellowman24
2nd Gear Member

i could swear one time on here somone said that NS Nitrus Supply(kit in the auction) is the same as NOS kits because the same guy is behind both kit/companys, the NS is considerably cheeper then brand name so im curious

anyone kno anything about this
Old 09-03-2006, 11:14 PM
gouldie1903
2nd Gear Member

research the kit before you buy it. i bought a non name brand kit without looking into it much and when i told some friends about it i found out it's blown up a few engines.

Quick Reply: will this nitrous kit work for me?