4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang Technical discussions on 1996-2004 4.6 Liter Modular Motors (2V and 4V) within.

New Upgraded PI Intake Install FINISHED BUT PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 10:44 PM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Default New Upgraded PI Intake Install FINISHED BUT PROBLEMS

Alright got the intake installed and went to start the car and she wouldn't fire. Finally when it did, it had a bad bad knock, which I had a long time before but it went away. I finally got her going and let it run for awhile, but it seemed to be gasping for fuel, then stayed at 900-1100 idle which it usually does. I shut it off, and tried to restart but wont start again. These are the codes I pulled of the SCT Tuner.
[hr]
This one was there, that's why I upgraded the fuel pump and changed the fuel filter. I still may have to change the actually sensor on the rail.
P0190 - Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit Malfunction

[hr]
These bottom 2 are new

P0354 - Ignition Coil D Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction
(any idea which one that is?)
P1233 - Fuel Pump Driver Module off-line
Old 09-06-2006, 11:10 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

Default RE: New Upgraded PI Intake Install FINISHED BUT PROBLEMS

The coil is for cylinder #4. Mark
Old 09-06-2006, 11:17 PM
4.698GT
4th Gear Member

Yea. check the plug wires, does it sound like a miss?
Old 09-06-2006, 11:25 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

The fuel pump driver offline is the problem with starving for fuel it would seem. Perhaps not hooked up? Check for a blown fuse. mark

The fuel pump fuse is in the engine compartment.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:57 PM
sweet99
4th Gear Member

The CCRModule is located on the right side fenderwell under the hood. Disconnect the harness and check for voltage on terminal #11 wikth the key "on", engine not running> This checks power from the 20 amp fuse. Mark
Old 09-07-2006, 12:58 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Alright. I got her started, BUT I have to push the gas pedal down to the floor for it to start, but once she's started it stays running. But again EVERYTIME I have to press the gas pedal down. Friggin thing acts like it's carbureted(sp)

Also I cleared the codes and they haven't come back. I actually unplugged on COP packs (boots) and checked for OHMS on all of them and they ohm out at 1.2 - 1.5 ohms

It definately HAD a miss. I checked the MAF inside the fenderwell and found (what appears to be) OIL all over the connector. I removed the maf and cleaned it up, including the connector. For some reason I have oil all over the bottom of the front of the car. It's really strange though. I had originally thought it was from the SC drain plug a month or two ago, so I made sure the plug was tight, but it's it different areas under the car, not just one area.

I thought may the block was cracked, then I look on the drivers side by the power steering lines and there was oil, so I thought it was the lines, but nothing at the connections. Then I saw oil ABOVE the oil filter right underneath the head. It's a friggin mystery to say the least. I've wiped everything down and I'll look at it tomorrow and see if it comes back. I'm thinking it's the seal on the AC because I have no cold air, and I've already checked the line for freon and it's full. I'm thinking the seal behind the clutch when splat splat all over the underside when I was trying to use it the other day.

Anywho, so much for taking it to get it dynotuned tomorrow, until I get everything right. Hell I might just take it to the shop that does the tune and let him deal with it. I'm not a mechanic unfortunately. I didn't put the new pulley on since I need to fix whatever the other mysteries are.

Ok, nice long book here. Pic and choose what you'd like to reply to, lol

Old 09-07-2006, 01:00 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sweet99

The fuel pump driver offline is the problem with starving for fuel it would seem. Perhaps not hooked up? Check for a blown fuse. mark

The fuel pump fuse is in the engine compartment.
I"m not sure where the driver module is. Is that the fuse you'r talking about? But then again it does start now, just have the push the gas pedal to the floor for it to start.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:02 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Oh yeah, this was before I cleaned the MAF, but when I did finally get it started, and let it warm up, I reved her up to redline a couple times and let it go back to idle and that mother ****er shook like it was going to blow up. I'm mean violently shook. And of course then shut off.
Old 09-07-2006, 02:41 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Anyone??
Old 09-07-2006, 09:41 AM
stang2000
5th Gear Member

Bump

Quick Reply: New Upgraded PI Intake Install FINISHED BUT PROBLEMS